About Chinese Scholarships
The application deadline is open from January to April each year.
There are a large number of scholarships available. Chinese Government Scholarships, and University Scholarships.
Chinese Language Programs
- Many students ask for Chinese language program scholarships. If you are applying to study a degree program in Chinese but you don’t have a sufficient level of Chinese, you can often get a Chinese language program and degree program scholarship together.
- If you are applying for a Chinese language scholarship we can not advise. You can contact the agencies directly.
- MBBS programs are one of the more competitive programs in China and there are limited seats each year. It is quite competitive to get accepted onto the MBBS programs.
Level of tuition
- If the tuition fee is above a certain number, which is around 50,000 RMB, then it is deemed “too high” to be included in the china government scholarships.
- MBA programs above 50,000 RMB per year are not able to get a scholarship. Instead you can apply for the university scholarships.
- Many Universities have their own funds to attract students. You can apply to the University directly and they can give you a partial or full scholarship for excellent students. To apply to these students, it is advised to apply to the University and request a scholarship.
- Often Universities will also give scholarships
The general requirements are:
Bachelor’s – high school graduate under 25
Master’s – bachelor’s graduate under 35
PHD – master’s graduate under 40
You can apply yourself on this website:
The process is to first fill out the online application form, then you need to send the documents to the “Agency” who will process your application. China Scholarship Council will not process your application directly. They allocate all scholarships to different institutions all around the world (Universities, and Embassies).
You can find the list of these institutions and their number here: //china-admissions.com/study-in-china-guide/agency-numbers-chinese-scholarships/
In total there are at least 2000 of these institutions. So each University, and embassy will process and allocate scholarships in their own way. You can apply for the scholarships yourself. If so, you are advised to contact and apply online and then print your hard copy documents and submit your applications to the institution (University or Embassy). You are advised to go in person if possible so you can get feedback.
You need to complete two applications. One on the CSC website, and one each University website.
It is really important to prepare your documents correctly. Please note that they receive very large number of applications and often if you make an error in your documents submission you may not get any update. Please note that often you will not get any update if your application is rejected.
Application Documents Needed:
- You need to submit notarised documents, you can find instructions here.
Tips: Apply as early as possible
How to apply
- Apply Yourself, make sure to do a lot of research, and allocate time to keep checking. Estimated time: 2-3 weeks.
- Our Scholarship Service
We will review your application for free and tell you if we think we can help you get a scholarship. We can never “guarantee” that you can get a scholarship because it is not our decision. We can only try our best based on our experience, and we can give you a partial refund if you are not successful.
Please check the link here for further information on our scholarship application service.