The PhD application process for Chinese Universities is much different from bachelor’s or master’s degrees. For PhD, it is usually necessary to find a supervisor. If you’re applying outside China, this can be tedious. In this article, we are going to walk you through the PhD application process, how to look for a supervisor and how to contact them.
PhD Application Process In China
1. Find a PhD program and apply here.
2. Submit the required documents and pay the application fee here.
3. Send us a message and we will help you find three suitable supervisors for your research proposal.
4. Send a request for supervision letter to your preferred supervisors. We have a letter template that you can follow below. Please personalize the letter and make it unique to you. Before submitting, you can send to us for checking.
5. If the supervisor approves your request, you will receive a confirmation letter or email. Please forward to us. You can then proceed with your application.
For more information about the PhD application process, you can read more here.
How To Contact A PhD Supervisor In China
If you want to avoid the hassle of looking for a supervisor, we have a PhD application service that you can use. Aside from helping you find a supervisor, we also provide you with extra assistance to increase your chances of getting accepted into your program. When you use our PhD application service, we will help you:
- Obtain a list of potential supervisors;
- Professionally contact your preferred supervisors so your request stands out from others and;
- Send your admission documents via express delivery.
Our PhD application service comes at an affordable fee. As a bonus, we will also provide free initial consultation and advice on your options. Read more about this service here.
Sample Letter Template
Dear Professor/Dr. (Surname),
My name is (write your name) and I have completed (your degree title) from (university name). I am from (country of origin) and applying to study PhD in China.
I have gone through your profile and found that your research areas are well-matching to my interests. In this regard, I wish to ask for your kind supervision and guidance as my supervisor. Attached is a copy of my research proposal and would like to study (topic of interest). This is a draft and I am quite flexible with corrections.
I have also attached a copy of my CV, application form and my background to this email for your review. I am applying through China Admissions and they have advised me on the program and studying at your university.
I hope that you would be interested in being a supervisor for my research. I would be more than grateful and privileged to benefit from your wide experience and expertise as your PhD supervisee.
I look forward to hearing from you.
How to prepare your research proposal?
Study PhD In China
Chinese Universities are now accepting applications for their PhD program. Apply as early as now!
- Introducing University of International Business and Economics (UIBE) - April 1, 2021
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Scholarships in China - March 31, 2021
- Aerial Campus View of Southwest Jiaotong University - March 30, 2021