Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program
Bilateral Program includes a full or partial scholarship established by MOE in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations.
The Bilateral Program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. Please consult the dispatching authorities of your home country for the categories available.
Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable.
The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory study).
The Bilateral Program provides both full scholarships and partial scholarships.
When to Apply
You need to apply between early January and early April.
Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
- be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.