Beijing Government Scholarship
In order to promote the development of higher education of International students in Beijing, further improve the talent cultivation, scientific research, social service, and cultural exchange, Beijing Government has set up the Scholarship (BGS) for International students.
Categories of Aplicants & Duration
Students who wish to study and are studying in Beijing.
- Excellent international students who pursue degrees at Higher Education Institutions in Beijing. The duration of the scholarship is no more than 4 academic years.
- Chinese language students and senior scholars. The duration of the scholarship is no more than 1 academic year.
- General scholars. The duration of the scholarship is no more than 1 academic year.
- Exchange students and students with special contributions. The duration of the scholarship is no more than 1 academic year.
Values of Scholarship
The scholarship covers tuition fees only, and it falls into the following five categories:
- Undergraduate student scholarship: 20,000 RMB/person/year.
- Master student scholarship: 30,000 RMB/person/year.
- Doctoral student scholarship: 40,000 RMB/person/year.
- Senior scholars and long term language student scholarship: 10,000 RMB/person/year
- Scholarship for exchange student (long-term or credit transferrable students) and student who make special contributions to international exchange and cooperation in the capital area: 5,000 RMB/person/year.
Criteria & Eligibility
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for general scholar program must have bachelor’s degree or completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for long term language studies must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above or hold academic title of associate professor or above and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions.
- Applicants should not be awardees of Chinese government scholarships at the same time.