Shanghai Government Scholarship – Class B
In order to further develop the education of international students and attract more outstanding international students to study in Shanghai, Shanghai Municipal Education Commission has founded the “Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students”. It is established to fund excellent international students to pursue bachelor’s degree or above at higher education institutions in Shanghai.
Categories of Applicants & Duration of Scholarship
Excellent international students who pursue degrees at HEIs in Shanghai.
Criteria & Eligibility
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants should have good academic performance.
- Applicants should not be awardees of other Chinese government scholarships at the same time.
Values of Scholarship
Partial scholarship covers tuition waiverand comprehensive medical insurance.
NOTE: Field of Study I includes Philosophy, Economics, Legal Studies, Education, Literature, History, and Management; Field of Study II includes Science, Engineering, and Agriculture; Field of Study III includes Fine Arts and Medicine.