Ningbo Government Scholarship
The Ningbo Government Scholarship sponsors students who are studying at or applying to study at higher education institutions (HEIs) in Ningbo.
Categories of Applicants & Duration of Scholarship
International students who apply to study or are studying at HEIs in Ningbo pursuing a bachelor degree, a master degree, a doctoral degree or a two/three-year college degree, or as a long-term general scholar (one semester or above).
Values of Scholarship
Scholarships fall into four categories: A, B, C, and D.
- Class A Scholarship: 30,000 RMB/person/year: The Class A Scholarship sponsors excellent international students pursuing a master’s degree or above.
- Class B Scholarship: 20,000 RMB/person/year: The Class B Scholarship sponsors excellent international students pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- Class C Scholarship: 10,000 RMB/person/year: The Class C Scholarship sponsors excellent international students pursuing a two-year or three-year college degree.
- Class D Scholarship: 6,000 RMB/person/year (3,000 RMB/person/semester): The Class D Scholarship sponsors excellent long-term general scholars.
When to Apply
Applications are accepted from January to May.
Criteria & Eligibility
1. Basic requirements:
- Applicant for bachelor’s degree program or for two/three-year college degree should have obtained senior high school diploma or equivalent education, and be under the age of 30.
- Applicant for master’s degree program should have obtained the bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, get recommendation letters from 2 professors/assistant professors and be under the age of 35.
- Applicant for doctoral degree program should have obtained the master’s degree or equivalent education, get recommendation letters from 2 professors/associate professors and be under the age of 40.
- Duration of scholarship for long-term general scholars should be at least one semester.
2. Other requirements:
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants should comply with the laws and regulations in China, and comply with the rules and disciplines in the host HEIs.
- Applicant should have a good knowledge of Chinese and provide proofs such as HSK certificates or other Chinese learning or Chinese examination certificates. For those applying for courses taught in English, the standard might be lowered.
- Applicant who is already studying in Ningbo should have a good academic record.
- Applicant should NOT be awarded with other Chinese Government Scholarships of all levels.