How can I get a scholarship in China?
Asking yourself this question? China Admissions will provide you with details to apply for a scholarship in China, including where you can apply and the basic requirements.
Types of Scholarships in China
There are three types of scholarships in China:
- Chinese University scholarships – the majority of universities in China offer scholarships for students. These scholarships can cover your tuition fees, as well as the cost of your accommodation.
- Government scholarships – one of the main goals of the Chinese Ministry of Education is to attract more international students to study in China. For this reason, the government offers a variety of scholarships for overseas students.
- Independent scholarships – these types of scholarships are offered by distinguished alumni, big companies and charitable institutions. Independent scholarships can cover the full or partial tuition fee.
How to Apply for a Scholarship in China
There are several ways to apply for a Chinese scholarship. You can directly submit to the university of your choice or apply via the Chinese embassy in your home country. There are also partner institutions that accept and process your applications.
Preparing the required documents is an important step to get a Chinese scholarship. In addition to providing soft copies of documents, you may also be required to provide hard copies for mailing.
Some of the most basic requirements include:
- Notarized highest diploma
- Academic transcripts
- A study plan or research proposal
- Recommendation letters
- If planning to stay in China for more than 6 months, you must submit a photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (valid for 6 months)
- Applicants with the Pre-admission Letter/Admission Letter from designated universities should enclose the letter in the application package
Chinese universities may require other documents as needed.
Tips to Get a Chinese Scholarship
- Learn Chinese as it will increase your chances of obtaining scholarships from Chinese organisations.
- Show your interest in Chinese culture by going on study tours and exchange programs.
- Write a letter of interest why you want to study in China.
Get real-time updates about scholarship information from China Admissions, or register your interest in the link below.