Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU) is a world first-class university and one of the type A schools sponsored by the Double First Class Initiative in China. With 82 years of history, NPU’s most significant achievements include:
- Globally ranked 201 to 300 by Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU)
- Ranked #2 in Aerospace Engineering, #3 in Metallurgical Engineering and #31 in Marine Engineering by ARWU
- Ranked 5-star by QS Star Rating
- Ranked #8 in Mechanical Engineering, #15 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and #51-75 in Computer Engineering according to Best Global Universities by US News
- Ranked among China’s top 15 universities in the state’s 7th and 8th Five-Year plans.
- One of the first universities to enter into the 211 Project in 1995 and the 985 Project in 2000
NPU offers 12 English-medium undergraduate programs for international students. Learn more about these bachelor’s programs in this article!
English-medium Programs at NPU
|Aerospace Engineering offered by the School of Aeronautics||Offered by the School of Aeronautics which has four departments in the School of Aeronautics, including the department of civil aviation engineering, the department of aircraft design engineering, the department of integrated technology and control engineering, and the department of aeronautical structure engineering.|
|Aerospace Engineering offered by the School of Astronautics||Intended to cultivate high-level engineering technicians and researchers who have a solid foundation for mathematics and mechanics, flight vehicle engineering and general mechanical design and manufacture.|
|Marine Engineering||Prepares students to work in ocean engineering, with expertise in naval architecture, underwater vehicles, underwater signal processing and marine environment.|
|Materials Science and Engineering||Fusion of international advanced education teaching and training system, such as aerospace hi-tech materials applied in the field of structural materials, functional materials, nanometer material, energy material, such as biomedical materials as study object, emphatically analyze material design, preparation and processing technology, testing technology and relevant basic theories and skills, to carry out the mode of talent training.|
|Machine Design, Manufacture and Automation||Focuses on modernization construction and have basic knowledge and application capabilities of mechanical design and manufacturing.|
|Civil Engineering||Covers construction engineering, traffic and civil engineering, mine construction, urban construction (partial) and other fields. It is a wide-caliber major.|
|Electronics and Information Engineering||Designed to educate and train qualified professional electronic engineers with solid theoretical knowledge and sufficient engineering abilities, to adapt to the demands of modernization construction.|
|Electrical Engineering and Automation||Provides a thorough background in the theoretical principles, strong field capabilities, and wider specialized knowledge in technical aspects of electrical engineering and automation.|
|Computer Science and Technology||Designed to provide a thorough grounding in the theoretical principles, basic knowledge, and skills for computer science and engineering.|
|Business Administration||Provides grounding in the theoretical principles and knowledge of management, economics, engineering, technology and certified public accountants (CPA).|
|Biotechnology||Focuses on life sciences and its sub-disciplines, with special disciplines such as space biology, space biotechnology, and aerospace medical engineering.|
|English Language||Cultivates English proficiency, knowledge of English language and literature and develops broad international vision and a pioneering spirit of innovation, foreign affairs, education and economics and trade.|
- Must hold valid foreign citizenship
- Possess good physical and mental health.
- Aged between 18 to 30 years old with cut-off date on 1st September 2021
- Have either completed or will complete final year of high school before registration at NPU
- Possess good academic results
- Clear copy of passport
- Notarized highest diploma
- Academic transcripts
- Personal statement letter
- Non-criminal record certificate
- Copy of physical examination certificate
- Notarized copies of academic achievements
- Certificate of English Language Proficiency for non-native English speaking countries. You can take the International English Test (IET).
- Guardian’s authorization letter for under 18
Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU) offers 11 fully-funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships cover tuition fee, comprehensive medical insurance, accommodation (dormitory or off-campus living) and stipend or living allowances. Learn how to apply for scholarships here.
- Scholarship applicants – 1st November 2020 to 15th April 2021 (batch 1), 15th April 2021 to 15th May 2021 (batch 2)
- Self-supported applicants – 1st November 2020 to 30th June 2021
How to Apply
Search for NPU programs, complete the form and upload all the required documents. We will then provide you timely updates about the status of your application.
About Northwestern Polytechnical University
Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU) is a top-tier university in China located in the historic city of Xi’an, the cradle of Chinese civilization. NPU is renowned for academic excellence and high standard of education.
NPU enjoys a highly distinguished reputation as the only multidisciplinary and research-oriented university in China developing education and research programs in aeronautics, astronautics, and marine technology engineering.
Learn more about Northwestern Polytechnical University.
- 9 Fascinating Things About Christmas In China - November 24, 2022
- China Scholarships – The 2023 Guide for International Students - November 10, 2022
- Study MBBS in China: Admissions for 2023! - August 12, 2022