Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU) is offering 11 fully-funded scholarships for bachelor’s, master’s and PhD students.
NPU is identified as a first-class university and is known for its high academic standards and prestigious awards in sciences and engineering (top 1% of the ESI international subject rankings). Located in Xi’an, the most historic city in China, NPU is one of the oldest universities in China with 82 years of history.
NPU was chosen as a major host university of Chinese Government Scholarships acknowledged by the China Scholarship Council of the Ministry of Education. Learn how you can apply for scholarships at NPU by reading this scholarship guide!
Fully-funded Scholarships at NPU Open for 2021 Intake!
Scholarships at NPU are fully-funded which means they cover tuition fee, comprehensive medical insurance, accommodation (dormitory or off-campus living) and stipend or living allowances.
|Bilateral Program||Offered through the educational exchange agreements between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations.|
|Chinese University Program||Sponsored by Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.|
|Great Wall Program||Sponsored by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) for students and scholars in developing countries.|
|EU Program||For EU member countries to study and research in China.|
|AUN Program||For ASEAN University Network (AUN) to sponsor students, teachers and scholars from ASEAN member nations.|
|PIF Program||For students from Pacific island countries to study in China.|
|WMO Program||Sponsored by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) for international students to study and conduct research in meteorology, hydrology, and water resources supervision and management in China.|
|CSC Scholarship||A scholarship offered from the cooperation agreement between a Chinese university and a foreign university.|
|Outstanding Visiting Student Scholarship||Organized and distributed by the Institute of International Education at NPU.|
|NPU President Scholarship||Open for outstanding master’s and PhD international students|
|Xi’an City “Belt and Road” Scholarship||Open for undergraduate and postgraduate students who are citizens of a country from “The Belt and Road Initiative”.|
28th February, 31st March 2021 – Bilateral Program, Chinese University Program, Great Wall Program, EU Program, AUN Program, PIF Program, WMO Program and CSC Scholarship
15th May 2021 – NPU President Scholarship, Xi’an City “Belt and Road” Scholarship, Outstanding Visiting Student Scholarship
Notice: Early applications will be given merit-based priority for scholarship.
Additional entry requirements may be required for different types of scholarships, but basic eligibility includes:
- Comply with Chinese laws and regulations.
- Foreign citizens, in good physical and mental health
- 18 to 30 years old (undergraduate students), not more than 35 (postgraduate students)
- Applicants should have good academic marks and meet required GPA score of NPU. GPA from previous (latest) school must be: 3.0 or above (out of 4.0); 3.75 or above (out of 5.0) and 75 or above (out of 100).
- Native English speaker or good English proficiency.
You can learn more about how to prepare the documents here. The requirements are:
- A scanned clear copy of valid passport
- Notarized highest diploma (in Chinese/English or notarized in Chinese/English)
- Academic transcripts (in Chinese/English or notarized in Chinese/English)
- The applicant’s study plan in China (in Chinese or English)
- Certificate of English proficiency (depends on the language: TOFEL, IELTS, GRE, IET etc.)
- Non-criminal record (within 5 months)
- A copy of physical examination form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Acceptance letter from supervisor and notarized copies of research achievements (for PhD applicants)
How to Apply
To request for more information about scholarships at NPU, please register your interest here.
About Northwestern Polytechnical University
Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU) is a top-tier university in China located in the historic city of Xi’an, the cradle of Chinese civilization. NPU is renowned for academic excellence and high standard of education.
It is the only multidisciplinary and research-oriented university in China that also focuses on developing research-based education programs in various fields such as aeronautics and marine engineering. The university’s key achievements include:
- Ranked among China’s top 15 universities in the state’s 7th and 8th Five-Year plans.
- One of the first universities to enter into the 211 Project in 1995 and the 985 Project in 2000.
- Ranked in the global rankings as 201-300 in Academic Rankings of World Universities 2021.
Admissions is going ahead as normal for 2021 intake. Check the full list of programs at NPU on our platform.
- Rent An Apartment In China: Wellcee’s Solution for International Students - June 14, 2023
- 9 Fascinating Things About Christmas In China - November 24, 2022
- China Scholarships – The 2023 Guide for International Students - November 10, 2022