Of course you need to know if you are eligible to apply for a program before you apply. This can save a lot of time on your part.
Entry requirements in Chinese Universities depend on the program you are applying to. We encourage you to search on the program page for the exact information because it does vary by program.
We can also review your application documents for free after you have applied. Just let us know your application ID by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can give you free feedback and suggest other options if you do not meet the entry requirements.
The good news it that there are many programs and universities in China so we can find a program for you. In this article, we will walk you through the entry requirements, application documents and other helpful information to start your application.
Entry Requirements In Chinese Universities
Each university also has some slight differences. You can check specific entry requirements on our page here.
Required documents are very similar for most universities in China. For more advanced degrees such as master’s and PhD, there may be a few additional documents to submit. The basic ones that you need to prepare include:
- Passport-size photo
- Photocopy of your passport
- Graduation diploma
- Official transcript of records
- Personal statement
- English language certificate
How To Apply
You can apply in three easy steps!
1) Choose a program here.
2) Complete and upload all your documents.
3) Pay the application fee here, wait for the confirmation letter from the university and process your visa. Get ready to come to China!
How To Get A Student Visa
1) Choose a student visa category. There are two types: X1 which is for students staying for more than 180 days in China and X2 for students staying less than 180 days.
2) Complete the application form here and submit all the required documents to the Chinese Embassy/ Consulate General in your country of residence.
3) Pay the visa application fee at the Visa Office of the Chinese Embassy. Regular processing is four business days, but this might be different from country to country.
Read our complete guide to processing the China X Student Visa. We can also give you assistance if you need help.
Study In China For 2021 Intake!
Chinese Universities are now accepting applications for 2021 intake. Apply as early as now and get the chance to apply for scholarships and grants.
- Introducing the Updated IET – International English Test - July 17, 2021
- Learning Chinese Characters – The origin of 艺 - July 4, 2021
- Whats it like studying at Beijing Foreign Studies University? - June 23, 2021