As you search for the perfect program at a Chinese university, you will first need to know if you are eligible for a program before you apply. This can save a lot of time on your part.
Entry requirements in Chinese universities depend on the program you are applying to. We encourage you to search on the program page for the exact information because it does vary by program.
The good news is that there are many programs and universities in China, so we can find a program for you. In this article, we will walk you through the entry requirements, types of application documents, and other helpful information to start your application.
Entry Requirements In Chinese Universities
What are the entry requirements to Chinese universities for international students? It depends on what degree you are applying for. You must meet the minimum requirements for each degree as well as prepare and submit all required application documents correctly.
Each university also has some slight differences. You can check specific entry requirements on our page here.
For more information about studying in China if you are under 18 years old, read our article on foundation programs here.
What application documents are required by Chinese universities for international students? Required documents are very similar for most universities in China. For more advanced degrees such as master’s and PhD, there may be a few additional documents to submit. The basic ones that you need to prepare include:
- Passport-size photo
- Photocopy of your passport
- Graduation diploma
- Official transcript of records
- Personal statement
- English language certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, or IET)
How To Apply
You can apply in three easy steps!
1) Choose a program here.
2) Complete and upload all your documents in a high-quality format.
3) Pay the application fee here, wait for the confirmation letter from the university and process your visa. Get ready to come to China!
How To Get A Student Visa
1) Choose a student visa category. There are two types: X1 which is for students staying for more than 180 days in China and X2 for students staying less than 180 days.
2) Complete the application form here and submit all the required documents to the Chinese Embassy/ Consulate General in your country of residence.
3) Pay the visa application fee at the Visa Office of the Chinese Embassy. Regular processing is four business days, but this might be different from country to country.
Read our complete guide to processing the China X Student Visa. We can also give you assistance if you need help.
Study In China For Next Intake!
Chinese Universities are now accepting applications for next intake. Apply early (Why should you apply early?) and get the chance to apply for scholarships and grants.
We can also review your application documents for free after you have applied. Just let us know your application ID by email to email@example.com. We can give you free feedback and suggest other options if you do not meet the entry requirements for a particular program.
- We’re hiring University & BD Manager at China Admissions - December 1, 2023
- 2024 Intake: 7 Scholarships for ZUST - November 26, 2023
- Every Chengyu You Need to Know in HSK 6 (List of 111 成语） - November 22, 2023