If you’re an international student in China, it’s possible to transfer to another university, but it won’t come easy. Most universities in China don’t accept transfer students, but there are a selected few that do. Learn what steps you need to take to request for university transfer in this article.
There are a few universities in China who accept transfer students, but even then, there’s no guarantee that you’d get accepted. Decision is done on a case by case basis. You also need to address two general concerns from Chinese universities, which includes:
- The reason for transfer. Is you reason for transfer valid and true? Is the student on good terms with the previous university? Do they approve of the transfer?
- Acceptance of course credits. What subjects have this student taken? How far along is he/she in her program? What are the credits equivalent to? Will the student be able to keep up?
Because of these reasons, MOST Chinese universities do not process transfer students.
What you need to do
Although there’s no guarantee, there are some things that you can for the new university to acknowledge your request for transfer. Here are some of them:
- A formal letter clearly explaining the reason and answer to the above questions.
- A consent letter from the previous university to say that they approve your transfer.
- An official transcript of records to show courses that you have taken so they can be evaluated.
If you have prepared all the documents above, we can help analyze your case and check which Chinese universities accept transfer students and give you options. However, we do not guarantee 100% acceptance.
Due to the complexity of the process, we will charge a service fee of US$ 100. You will also have to pay for the university application fee. In case your request for transfer is not accepted, we can help you to start from year one.
To request transfer, apply to your preferred university/program here, upload your documents and let us know your application ID. We will then review whether we think there is a chance you can transfer.
- Introducing University of International Business and Economics (UIBE) - April 1, 2021
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Scholarships in China - March 31, 2021
- Aerial Campus View of Southwest Jiaotong University - March 30, 2021