Chinese universities, and most universities in general have two concerns when evaluating transfer students
- Evaluating the reason for transfer. What is the reason? Is it genuine? Is the student on good terms with the previous university? Do they approve of the transfer? Will this student have the same issue in the future?
- Accepting credits – what does the student know? are the credits equivalent? will the student be able to keep up?
Because of these reasons, MOST universities do not process transfer students.
However, some do:
If you are applying as a transfer student. You would need:
– A letter to clearly explain the reason, and answer the above questions
– A consent letter from the previous university to say that they approve your transfer
– A transcript of the courses you have taken so they can be evaluated
If you have prepared all the documents above we can check which universities can accept you. However we do not guarantee that it is possible.
China Admissions can help you analyze your specific case. A service fee is applicable due to the complexity of university transfers and will be determined on a case to case basis.
Firstly we charge a $100 USD fee for helping you to transfer which does not include the university application fee(s). We will analyse your application and contact universities to give you some options. We do not guarantee that you will be able to successfully transfer because the decision is made by the university. If you are not able to transfer we can help you to start from year 1.
To request a transfer please apply on our website apply.china-admissions.com and upload your documents and let us know your application ID. We will then review whether we think there is a chance you can transfer and send you the link for $100 USD so we can get started.