⬅🙋 Support

📝 How to apply to Chinese Universities?

You can read more with step by step instructions here.

Programs at Chinese Universities

Which program can I study in China?
Degree programs (Bachelor, Master, PhD) in multiple fields, and non-degree programs in Chinese language or business.
Please choose the programs here: apply.china-admissions.com
Can you help me choose a program?
Please choose the program here: apply.china-admissions.com/search/ and let us know your application ID and we can help you choose a suitable program.
In order to give you assistance, we need to know:
– Your start date
– The program you want
– Your budget
– Your email address
You can email us to apply@china-admissions.com
How to find which programs are offered at Chinese universities?

You can search for all the programs here: apply.china-admissions.com/search

Can I study in China in English?
You can search for English-taught programs here: apply.china-admissions.com/search/
How to choose the best program for me?

You can use this formula to help you make a decision.

1. Choose your major. 
You have to know your passion or your future goal and determine which major is the right one for you. For example, if you wish to become a businessman one day, then you can pursue Business programs.

2. Determine your budget
There are numerous Chinese universities open for international students. Determining your budget helps you in choosing the right university for you. The tuition fee in China for degree programs is around US$ 2,500 – 13,000 per year.

3. Find a Preferred Location
It is better to set a preferred location because China is so big in terms of size. Moreover, you can also narrow down your options by knowing your preference in terms of living cost, weather, etc. For example, if you prefer to stay in cold-weather cities, you can consider studying in Harbin.

You can then search for programs here: apply.china-admissions.com/search/

During Covid-19, will the programs be offered online or on-campus?

Update: June 2021

China’s border is still closed for international students now. Therefore, universities and Chinese embassies around the world won’t be able to issue the student visa

As the result, universities will only be able to provide online classes for international students who are located outside of China now

This arrangement will continue until Chinese Government reopen their border for international students.

Application Requirements and Intake

When is the program starts (intake) at Chinese universities?
Chinese universities have two (2) intakes each year, March and September.
Most degree programs will only be offered in September intake.
Meanwhile, a non-degree Chinese language program will be offered in both March and September intake.
What is the age requirement to apply?
– Non-degree program: 18-60 years old
– Bachelor program: 18 – 30 years old
– Masters program: 18 – 35 years old
– PhD program: 18 – 40 years ol
I am under 18 years old, what should I do to apply?

If you are under 18 years old, you need to have a guardian in China. The guardian must be currently residing in China, and he/she can be either a Chinese citizen or a foreigner with a valid Chinese work permit

Do I need to take English proficiency test for a degree program in English?

For English-taught degree programs, an English certificate is needed.

Examples of English Certificate: TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, China Admissions IET

However, if you are a native English speaker then you don’t need an English certificate.

If you are a non-native speaker, universities don’t require a TOEFL/IELTS certificate if your previous education was taught in English. Just provide evidence that the medium of instruction of your previous education was English. Sometimes this is already stated on your graduation certificate but if not, please provide a letter from the university/school confirming this with a seal and signature

Chinese universities may also accept other English certificates for specific programs, e.g. China Admissions IET which you can register here iet.china-admissions.com

Watch the video here on how to prepare the English Certificate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0yMyRkVlV4

Do I need HSK for a degree program in English?

No, if you are applying for English-taught degree programs, you don’t need to provide HSK certificate.

But, if you are applying for Chinese-taught degree programs you’ll have to pass HSK (usually HSK 5 minimum).

What is the requirement for language proficiency (HSK, TOEFL, or IELTS)?

Generally speaking, here are the minimum score required
– HSK (for Chinese-taught program): HSK 5 (min. 180)
– IELTS: 6.0
– TOEFL iBT: 80 out of 120

HSK is required if you are applying for Chinese-taught degree programs.

English Language Certificate (TOEFL, IELTS) is required is you are applying for English-taught programs

What is the minimum education requirement to study in China?
– Non-degree program: high school diploma
– Bachelor program: high school diploma
– Masters program: Bachelor’s diploma
– PhD program: Master’s diploma
Can I transfer to Chinese universities?

Student transfer is an uncommon practice in China. Thus, majority of them do not accept international transfer students.

We charge a $100 USD service fee for the transfer service but we do not guarantee that it is possible. We will only do our best to help you check and apply (if possible)

To proceed, please go on the application system apply.china-admissions.com and check upload all the documents and let us know your application ID, or contact us by email at apply@china-admissions.com for further information.

Cost of Studying in China and Fees

Why do I have to pay the application fee?

The application fee is required by the University to process your application. It covers the cost of preparing your admissions letter and visa form and sending it to you in your home country.

The application fee is always paid before admission and it’s not refundable, no matter whether you get the admission or not.

How much is the application fee?

The application fee is different in each University, but usually, it is around US$ 80-150 each.

Do I have to pay China Admissions for the services as well?

Our basic service is FREE because we are funded by the Universities. You can read more about our free service here.

But we also have Priority Service, Guaranteed Service, and VIP service and you can contact us by email at apply@china-admissions.com for more information

How much is it cost to study in China?

It is relatively affordable to study in China.

The tuition fee are as follows:
– English-taught Degree program (Bachelor, Master, PhD): starts from US$ 2,500/year
– Non-degree program (Chinese language program): starts from US$ 1000/semester

Living expenses (accommodation, meal, transportation, daily necessities): US$ 500-900/month; depends on where you live in China.

P.S. Living cost in Beijing and Shanghai will be higher compare to other cities in China.

How much is it cost to live in China? For example in Beijing
Is there any scholarships? How to apply for scholarships?

List of partial scholarships you can apply on China Admissions, please check here

Generally, we can also help you apply for University’s scholarships too (usually cover 10-100% free tuition fee; merit-based scholarship)

Meanwhile, for Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC Fully-funded scholarship),

The application period is from January to March each year – for September intake

You can apply by yourself at their official website: www.campuschina.org

or you can also use our Scholarship Consulting Service to help you apply for CSC scholarship.

Do you have any other questions not answered?

Check out other topics here

or fill in the support form here, and our team will respond to your inquiry by email

Join 180,000+ international students and get monthly updates

Receive Admissions, Scholarships & Deadlines Updates from Chinese Universities.
Unsubscribe anytime.