Shanghai Jiaotong University – Global Elite of Business Administration (EBA) program invites you to join their new online free trial class about “China Tax Treaties and Cross-border Taxation” with Lorenzo Riccardi as the guest speaker. The course highlights the tax impacts of business operations, in order to make the tax burden more efficient at the level of multinational groups, taking into account transfer pricing policies, treaties against double taxation, and incentives deriving by international trade agreements.
This trial class is offered completely free and provides you with an overview of the Global Elite of Business Administration (EBA) of Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Continuing Education.
SJTU is offering 1 free trial per each participant. More details below.
Online Free Trial Class Details
- Topic: China Tax Treaties and Cross-border Taxation
- Organizer: Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Lecturer: Lorenzo Riccardi
- Date: Saturday, 26th September 2020
- Time: 14:00-17:00 (Beijing Time, China)
- Location: Online (link will be provided after you register)
About the Free Trial Class
- China has signed 104 double taxation agreements and 16 free trade agreements of which the majority of those were signed with countries involved in the Belt and Road project.
- International Taxation focuses on the complexity of multi-jurisdiction regulations and different tax systems, gaining new opportunities from International Taxation knowledge and transfer pricing.
- The lecture will address main issues in international tax trends with a specific focus on double tax conventions and tax planning techniques to minimize the tax burden on income and profits, and to understand tax laws and regulations affecting cross-border transactions.
- Anti-avoidance tax rules and tax strategies
- Cross-border taxation
- Double taxation agreements
- China’s free trade agreements
- The tax aspect is increasingly important and primary in the international economic context, especially today where companies are increasingly focusing on internationalization, also through the creation of multinational groups and cross border joint ventures or investments. Therefore, it is increasingly crucial to know and evaluate the tax impacts of business operations, in order to make the tax burden more efficient at the level of multinational groups, taking into account transfer pricing policies, treaties against double taxation, and incentives deriving by international trade agreements.
About the Speaker
Managing Partner | RsA Asia tax advisors
Lorenzo has taught taxation at Xian Jiao Tong Liverpool University, Peking University, Shanghai Jiao Tong, Tongji University, and Hult Business School. Tax Advisor and Certified Public Accountant specialized in international taxation at IBFD Kuala Lumpur, a Ph.D. researcher in Asian tax at Shanghai University. He is based in Shanghai, where he focuses on business and tax law, assisting foreign investments in China and East Asia.
What is the Global Elite of Business Administration (EBA) Program?
The SJTU EBA Program was designed in 2019 and will be the most popular international training program and business platform in Shanghai.
With over 100+ topics, The EBA program will cover past, present and future trends of doing business in China. After completing a minimum number of 4 full day topics (24 hours) participants are eligible to be awarded the SJTU EBA Certificate. Attendees are free to attend lectures at any time throughout the year.
The EBA program is for:
- middle and senior managers in an enterprise company (with more than 3 years’experience in management positions);
- senior managers of Government Institutions, Institutions, and Non-profit Organizations and;
- top managers of enterprises: chairman, general manager, and Deputy General Manager.
What will you gain from the EBA program? Learn more about the benefits of the EBA or request for free information.
About Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Shanghai Jiaotong is a leading international University based in Shanghai which is recognized and respected internationally and within China. SJTU attracts leading professors and students from all over China and the world. Learn more about Shanghai Jiaotong University.
Please fill out the form to complete your registration.