Everyday life in China is back to normal, but borders are still closed, and we are all still waiting for an official statement (update) from the Chinese Government regarding this, and hopefully the border will be opened for international students soon. Let’s stay positive and hopeful at all times, and be adaptive to the current situation.
Note: as of January 28th 2021, international students are still not yet allowed to enter China due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Frequently Asked Questions – Admissions for 2021 Intake
1. When can international students come to China?
- Currently (as of Jan 28th, 2021) international students are NOT allowed to enter China due to the Covid-19 pandemic. There is no official information yet about the date of border reopening for international students, and we are still waiting for an official statement (update) from the Chinese Government.
2. Will the program starting in Spring 2021 intake be online?
- It depends on the Covid-19 situation and the border opening for international students in Spring 2021
For international students who are already in China now,
- Some universities offer on-campus teaching (e.g. universities located in Shanghai, Suzhou, Ningbo, etc), and some remain online. It depends on the local government’s policy.
For international students who are NOT in China
- Chinese universities will most likely provide online teaching because China’s border is still closed for international students as of now. This arrangement will continue until the border is back opened for international students in the future.
3. How about the September 2021 intake? Will the classes be taught online or on-campus?
- The class arrangement depends on the Covid-19 situation and the border opening for international students in September 2021. We shall see how it goes in the future.
- If the border is still closed by then, Universities will provide online classes for all international students. However, if the border is reopened for international students, Universities will then process the visa form (JW201/202) so international students can come and study on-campus in China.
- Currently, we are still waiting for an official statement from the Chinese Government regarding the border reopening for international students.
4. Is the admission going normally for 2021 intake? Can I get accepted at Chinese Universities for the 2021 intake?
- Yes! Admissions are going ahead as normal for the 2021 intake. You can start your application here or learn more about the admissions process here.
5. When will I get a Chinese student visa if I get accepted for September 2021 intake?
- Currently (as per Jan 28th, 2021) the border is still closed for international students, therefore Universities cannot process the student visa for international students who are located overseas/outside of China. The visa processing will resume once the Chinese Government reopens the border for international students, and we are all still waiting for an official statement (update) from the Chinese Government regarding this.
6. Why should I apply for the September 2021 intake, especially if there’s a chance that the classes will be taught online?
- People should learn to be flexible, adjust to the changes that happened due to Covid-19, and should not waste any second to achieve their dreams. If you wish to obtain a degree from a Chinese university, you should apply now to join the program on September 2021 intake. Therefore, you will also graduate on time as scheduled.
- The covid-19 pandemic has shown us that learning can be done anywhere with the help of technology.
- Chinese universities have heard about the students’ feedback about the Online Classes, and therefore they should’ve taken some measures to improve their future online classes to give a better learning experience and to share the knowledge with all of their international students.
7. Will I be able to defer my admission to the next intake?
- Yes, it should be possible, but subject to the University’s approval too. Make sure to inform the University before the registration date.
8. I have more questions about the admissions to Chinese universities for the 2021 intake, can you help me?
- You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll gladly assist you
Border closure shouldn’t stop you from learning and obtaining an international bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree from a Chinese university.
Choose your dream program, and send your application to China Admissions for the September 2021 intake now. Contact us by email at email@example.com for a free consultation!