March is the peak season of scholarship application for degree programs. Donghua University has received a large number of applications so far!
DHU reminds all applicants again that the application deadlines for the 2021 degree programs remain unchanged:
– For scholarships: March 31, 2021
– For self-funded study: May 15, 2021 (early bird) and June 15, 2021 (regular)
There are several undergraduate programs that accept applications until the end of June.
Note: Make sure to complete your application on time, including both the online application and the submission of the full application materials. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered invalid and will not be processed.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit the online application to Donghua University here.
The prevention and control of the pandemic has affected express delivery. Therefore, from March 1, 2021, the International Student Admissions Department of Donghua University also accepts the electronic versions of the application materials (for applicants of art design related programs, original art works are still required to be submitted in hard copies). Detailed requirements are:
- Passport copy
- Graduate/school leaving certificate and complete transcripts – high school diploma for bachelor’s applicants, bachelor’s degree diploma for master’s applicants and master’s degree diploma for PhD applicants
- Language credentials for non-native English speakers – certificate of IELTS (6.0 or above) / TOEFL IBT (80 or above)
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae, research proposal and two recommendation letter (for master’s and PhD applicants)
- Supervision confirmation letter
Note: For PhD applicants, application process is different than bachelor’s and master’s programs. You can read our comprehensive guide on the PhD application process here.
1. Non-Chinese citizen in good health
2. Not be a enrolled degree student in Chinese universities at the time of application.
3. Age requirements:
– Be a high school graduate under the age of 35 when applying for bachelor’s programs.
– Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for master’s programs.
– Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 45 when applying for doctoral programs.
DHU awards many scholarships to international students. They can be fully-funded or partially-funded. Fully-funded scholarships covers full tuition waiver, free university dormitory, monthly stipend and comprehensive medical insurance covered during the corresponding study period.
Here’s a full-list of scholarships at DHU.
You can also apply to the scholarships above through the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for CGS opportunity.
Recently, DHU has received some inquiries from the applicants. Below, we summarize some common questions and answers.
1. I’ve already delivered my hard copies to the office. Do I also need to email an electronic version？
After receiving the application materials, either the hard copies or electronic materials, the admissions office will send you a confirmation email.
If you have already delivered the hard copies, please also send one set of your application materials in soft copies to our official email firstname.lastname@example.org for further verification.
If you have not submitted the hard copies, you can send the electronic version of materials for application from March 1. Please send one set of your application documents in zip file as required.
2. Do I need to pay the application fee if I apply for scholarship? And how?
Application fee is required to be paid and it is an essential step for both scholarship and self-funded program applications. Check payment options here.
3. I’ve completed both the materials submission and application fee payment, what should I do next? And how can I track my application status?
After you’ve completed document submission and application fee payment, we will give you a unique application ID where you can check the status of your application. We will also send you emails about your application.
About Donghua University
Donghua University (DHU), formerly China Textile University, was founded in 1951. Located in the downtown area in Shanghai, DHU is one of the state-key universities directly under the Ministry of Education of China.
DHU is a multi-disciplinary university with a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs across a vast field of disciplines including engineering, economics, management, literature and art, laws, science, and education.
Academic achievements have found applications in areas such as aeronautics, military science, new material, architecture, and environment protection. The number of valid patents ranks top 12 among Chinese colleges and universities.
There are more than 2,800 faculty and staff, and over 30,000 enrolled students at DHU. The employment rate maintains 100% for post graduates and over 95% for undergraduates in the past several years. So far, DHU has established cooperation with over 100 well-known overseas universities, research institutions and enterprise.
Learn more about DHU.