Many students are asking if they can return to China for September 2021 intake. As of today, no official announcement has been released by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Right now the border is still closed and there is no update about when international students can return to China.
With the lack of official announcement, Chinese universities can’t provide an estimated time regarding the return of international students to China. As soon as we receive an update, we will immediately inform students.
What will happen to September 2021 intake in China?
Admissions for September 2021 intake in Chinese universities is going ahead as normal. International students who are currently in China may take in-person classes in their university campus. For those who are outside China, it is most likely for classes to be conducted online until the entry policy changes.
Get in touch with your university for university-specific policies and to get the latest announcements and news. You can also register on China Admissions and subscribe to us on YouTube for the latest updates.
How can I send my university application for September 2021 intake?
Chinese universities are working hard to accommodate international applicants through flexible admissions policies. This includes: allowing you to submit electronic copies of documents, extending application deadlines, online interviews and more. Search for your preferred program/university here and start your application!
If you haven’t been able to take IELTS or TOEFL, you can take the Online IET test which is ready in less than 1 week. You can register here.
In the past year, China has slowly eased travel restrictions for many nationalities to return to China. Here’s a quick timeline of travel and entry policy changes China has made:
- August 2020 – Opened its borders to 36 European countries and 13 Asian countries
- Early September 2020 – Resumed direct flights from eight countries.
- Late September 2020 – Foreigners who had a valid residence permit under these three following purposes: work, personal affairs, and family reunion, were able to enter China again.
- March 2021 – Eased entry restrictions for foreigners in certain countries inoculated with Covid-19 vaccines made in China.
- April 2021 – Accepted US Travelers inoculated with American-made vaccines.
For more details about the entry policy changes in China, you can read the complete report here. With all these changes, rapid rate of vaccinations in China and a decline in COVID-19 cases in some foreign countries, there’s hope that entry policies in China will change very soon.