Shanghai is one of the first cities in China to offer COVID-19 vaccination to foreigners. Domestically-made vaccines are taken in two shots with intervals. If you’re currently living in Shanghai, here’s everything you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccination process in the city.
Applying for COVID-19 vaccination in Shanghai
|Start date||March 29|
|Eligibility||Foreign nationals aged 18 and older whose participation is voluntary. |
Willing to assume personal responsibility for the risks involved.
|Cost||Free for those enrolled in China’s medical insurance system; 100 RMB (US$15.42) per dose for those with no insurance.|
|How to apply||1. Make an appointment through the Jiankang Yun health app, fill out the information required and wait for your schedule. More information is available here. |
2. Prepare your valid passport and residence permit ahead and bring the documents on the day of your vaccination.
3. Go to your appointed venue for vaccination. Check out vaccination venues in Shanghai here.
What to do on the day
On the day of your vaccination, you will be asked to sign a letter of informed consent, disclaimer and other documents. Make sure to bring your Foreign Permanent Resident ID Card, passport or valid permit of stay or residence to the vaccination venue and present it to the health authorities on site.
After receiving the dose, you will be asked to remain at the vaccination site for 30 minutes in case of side effects.
- 11 Reasons to Study in Shandong University! - July 14, 2021
- 5 Ways Fudan MBA Can Future Proof Your Career In Uncertain Times - July 8, 2021
- How to Apply on China Admissions’ Platform (Webinar Session) - July 2, 2021