Admissions for PhD Programs in China
Applying for a PhD in China is different from applying for bachelor or master programs. In addition to meeting the admission requirements and application materials, students are required to find their own supervisors to guide them during the course of their study.
To proceed with your application, you need to find three suitable supervisors from the university for your research proposal. Once your find a supervisor, send the request for supervision on your thesis. If the supervisor approves, you will receive a confirmation letter or email. You can then continue on with the application process.
Applicants for doctoral programs must have attained a master’s degree, and students who graduated from a non-Chinese institution must have a master’s degree from an institution recognized by the Ministry of Education of China.
1. Fully filled out application form.
2. Graduation certificate and degree diploma
3. Official transcripts of your academic achievement up to the present, must be original documents or certified copies either in Chinese or English.
4. A personal statement letter
5. Two recommendation letters from your referees
6. A copy of your HSK results (score requirement depends on the program and university)
7. Photocopy of your passport
8. Table of contents and abstracts of your academic publications and any other original achievement in your field
9. Other materials required by the specific school or department you apply to
PhD Programs in China
Return to Guide Menu Page
Choose a city in China
Cost of living in Chinese cities
Degree levels in China
Admissions information by degree levels
Subjects to study
Careers in China
How to apply for a job in China
International students according to country of origin