HKUST Digital MBA for Global Leaders is inviting you to a free info session and sample class on Thursday, Jun 9, 2022, from 7:00pm – 8:30pm (Hong Kong GMT+8 time).
At the DiMBA Info Session & Sample Class on Jun 9 (Thu), Prof. Abhiroop Mukherjee will introduce How to Use Data to Make Smarter Decisions.
Are you looking to understand the world better?
Are you looking to make smart investment and / or business decisions?
Most investors and business leaders were traditionally using the same available data to make decisions. The problem with using publicly available data is that it is usually historical data, and it means that most people tend to think in the same way.
In this masterclass we will explore how you can use a wide range of alternative data to make smart decisions and predict the future. This can give you a huge edge in investing, and can enable you to make smarter strategic decisions than your competitors.
– How you can use data from commercial satellites
– How you can predict future sales growth and brand loyalty from social media
– Product reviews
– Website traffic
You can gather this data by yourself, or through third party companies that specialise in gathering alternative data.
This is an extremely important topic as we enter the age of big data and artificial intelligence.
This is a Masterclass hosted by the prestigious Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Digital MBA program. HKUST is one of the world’s leading universities, and is offering an online digital MBA, so you can learn the business skills to succeed in the modern digital age.
- Date: Jun 9 (Thu), 2022
- Time: 7:00pm – 8:30pm (Hong Kong GMT+8 time | Click here to convert it into your time zone)
- Format: Live Class via Virtual Classroom
- What will you learn from this session?
- DiMBA Program Introduction
- Virtual Sample Class “Using Data To Make Smart Decisions: Alternative Data” by Prof. Abhiroop Mukherjee
- Q&A Session
About the Speaker
Prof. Abhiroop Mukherjee is an Associate Professor of Finance at HKUST. He holds a PhD from Yale University and is the winner of the prestigious prizes Winner of Franklin Prize for Teaching Excellence and Winner of Dean’s List for Teaching Excellence.
About HKUST DiMBA Program
- 1st online mba in Asia offered by a top global University. Same degree certificate as traditional HKUST MBA
- 1st Tech/Green MBA in Asia: goes beyond traditional MBA, on top of solid business foundation, also added tech & sustain elements
- Designed for senior managers, along with HKUST DiMBA’s dedicated learning platform & EdTech, students will have full control of their learning beyond the limitations of time, place and pace
- HKUST DiMBA Intake 2021 class has brought together senior business leaders from different parts of Asia, Europe and North America. Representing a wide range of industry and functions including medical doctor, dentist, consultant, data scientist and entrepreneur.