The application deadline for Shantou University Medical College MBBS Program is coming up in 2 days.
Make sure to apply before the deadline!
Shantou Medical University College (SUMC) is one of the leading medical schools in China offering a wide variety of programs in the field of medicine. It’s a top study-abroad destination for students who are planning to pursue medical studies.
SUMC’s students have achieved a pass rate of 93-98% in the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) exams in the past years. The medical school’s international graduates gain their residency positions in the USA, Thailand and Malaysia.
Learn more about Shantou University Medical College Programs open for application this 2020.
Each school year starts at the beginning of September, apply now before the deadline.
Shantou University Medical College Programs
SUMC offers MBBS.
Encouraged by the Ministry of Education of China, SUMC opened its Clinical Medicine/MBBS bachelor’s degree program to international students since 2010. You can choose the program to be conducted in English or Chinese. The MBBS program is five to six years in duration and leads to a bachelor’s degree.
The program has been registered with the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) of the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
The program is for international students who have a general interest in China and have the ambition to become an outstanding international clinician capable of practicing medicine in different countries around the world. The admitted international students join SUMC’s top Chinese students in the elite classes.
The curriculum includes basic courses, theoretical courses, skill training courses, elective courses, clinical courses, and clinical internship.
In the English-medium program, courses are taught in English by qualified basic science and clinical faculties, with established international textbooks and publications as references for the students.
Through interactive projects, joint case studies, group debates, book discussions, and journal clubs, and effective self-study, students at SUMC quickly develop their professional competencies and skills.
SUMC students are encouraged to experience clinical practice throughout the entire program. Actual clinical exposure is maximized through elective courses, bedside instruction sessions, health services charity projects, clinical rotations and intensive clinical internships in SUMC-affiliated hospitals.
2. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
SUMC Nursing Department offers a full-range program of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) training in Chinese only. The program is four years in duration leading to a bachelor’s degree.
SUMC’s Nursing Department launched the English-stream undergraduate program in Nursing from 2013, collaborating with the Chinese University of Hong Kong Nethersole School of Nursing as a joint program.
Since 2008, the graduation rate and the pass rate of the national licensure examination have always been 100%. In recent years, the SUMC Department of Nursing has undergone rapid growth. SUMC has been recognized as one of the unique higher education programs in Guangdong Province.
- Have a foreign nationality and a valid passport.
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education of China, Chinese emigrants should have been granted the foreign nationality for at least four years and have resided in the country for an accumulation of at least two years in the past four years.
- Physically and mentally healthy and have a clean criminal record.
- Hold a high school diploma or above.
Applicants who have successfully completed university courses/A-Level/IB/AP/STPM/UEC or equivalent including Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry are eligible to apply for exemption for these courses and may graduate earlier subject to approval by our Teaching Department.
- Aged 18-30 in principle, with exceptions depending on academic background.
- A completed and signed SUMC International Student Application Form
- Personal Statement (150 words, including brief self-introduction, motivations and future plans after graduation, etc.)
- A CV (including education experiences, work/volunteer/other experiences, etc.)
- Diplomas and transcripts
- Physical Examination Record with blood test results (completed in Chinese or English, bearing the hospital stamp)
- Recommendation Letter (including recommender’s affiliation and position, signature, email, and telephone number)
- Valid passport
- Proof of financial support (Deposit Certificate/ Account Statement of the sponsor for the past 3 months issued by the bank on letterhead, with a minimum closing balance of USD 7,000 or equivalent. If the account holder is not yourself, provide the sponsor’s passport/proof of identity)
- A copy of the remittance slip for application fee payment
- For Chinese emigrants, please provide the official Certificate of Naturalization.
- Chinese Language proficiency certificate required for the Chinese-medium program (New HSK Band 4 with a minimum score of 210 or other equivalent certificates. Chinese native speakers and applicants who have completed education in Chinese can be exempted from the requirement)
- Certified English or Chinese translation of the documents issued in a language other than English or Chinese.
Applications for fall semester admission should be submitted before June 20th but apply earlier to increase your chances of being accepted.
Start of Classes
Each school year starts at the beginning of September.
Get your applications to Shantou University Medical College started with China Admissions. We have trained student counselors who provide professional advice and guidance from pre-departure to your arrival in China.
Because the deadline is so soon, we strongly suggest you upgrade to Priority service.
Would you like to learn more about studying MBBS in China? Check out our MBBS guide here.
- 11 Reasons to Study in Shandong University! - July 14, 2021
- 5 Ways Fudan MBA Can Future Proof Your Career In Uncertain Times - July 8, 2021
- How to Apply on China Admissions’ Platform (Webinar Session) - July 2, 2021