Why should you study medicine in China and what are the requirements to study MBBS?
As one of the most powerful forces in the global market, China is also home to the finest medical universities in the world. In fact, China is a hot study-abroad destination for a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree among international students.
With health as the top priority of the Chinese government, medical universities are provided a generous education budget for research and development. In addition, China has a technologically advanced healthcare system and is a world leader in medical innovation.
If you’re a medical aspirant, find the complete requirements to study medicine in China in this article!
Why Study Medicine in China? 8 Reasons!
- The most modern health facilities in the world;
- An excellent healthcare system and;
- Exceptional medical universities where you can widen your knowledge and get the best practical experience;
- Size of Healthcare industry is growing rapidly to be among the world’s largest;
- Chinese medical universities recognized worldwide;
- Achievable requirements to study MBBS;
- MBBS in China is 70% cheaper than the US or UK;
- Low cost of living.
For international students, there are numerous English-taught MBBS programs in China. Examples include the MBBS programs at Zhejiang University (ZJU), Xiamen University (XMU) and Shantou University Medical College (SUMC). Check out SUMC programs open for application this 2020.
Basic Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in China
What are the basic requirements to study MBBS in English in China?
- Minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) in high school
- 18 years or above upon application
- Hold a high school diploma or above
What are the application documents that are required to study MBBS in China?
- A signed international student application form from the medical university you’re applying for
- Personal statement (150 words, including brief self-introduction, motivations, and future plans after graduation, etc.)
- A curriculum vitae (including education experiences, work/volunteer/other experiences, etc.)
- Diplomas and transcripts
- Physical examination record with blood test results (completed in Chinese or English, bearing the hospital stamp)
- Recommendation letter (including recommender’s affiliation and position, signature, email, and telephone number)
- Valid passport
- Proof of financial support (Deposit Certificate/ Account Statement of the sponsor for the past 3 months issued by the bank on letterhead, with a minimum closing balance of USD 7,000 or equivalent. If the account holder is not yourself, provide the sponsor’s passport/proof of identity)
- Certified English or Chinese translation of the documents issued in a language other than English or Chinese.
Ready to study MBBS in China? Let China Admissions help you with your application! Our trained student counselors will provide you with professional guidance from document preparation to your safe arrival in China. Choose from any of the medical universities on our site!
For more in-depth, valuable and inspiring articles visit our blog. We’d also appreciate it if you share this article on social media.
- 9 Fascinating Things About Christmas In China - November 24, 2022
- China Scholarships – The 2023 Guide for International Students - November 10, 2022
- Study MBBS in China: Admissions for 2023! - August 12, 2022