Can you study in two universities in China at the same time?

Question: Can you study in two universities in China at the same time? 

Yes you can.

We have had two or three students recently who have wanted to study at 2 universities at the same time.

There are a number of times when you might want to join two universities at the same time. For example if you are taking a Master’s or PhD often there is one year or two years for you to complete your dissertation and there are no classes. You might want to join another program to study a Master’s or Chinese language program in that time.

You might also be just finishing one program, and looking to start another program. Eager to get going.

According to regulations, international students who study in China are required to deliver a consent letter from their university when they study in  another university, because the time period of their visa is overlapped. If the visa period covers her study period in the new universities, she did not need to get a new visa, but please make sure the visa type is X2.  If she still uses the old visa, she needs to offer a consent letter from her current university, which includes her basic information, and get the signature or stamped from her university, and bring to our university when she arrives in the new university.

You also better not miss any classes. Chinese universities are very strict on attendance unlike western universities. If you don’t attend classes you may not be able to continue the program.

If you are feeling keen to start a new program, you can search programs and apply here.

Forgot your password?

Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link to create a new password.

Error message here!

{% csrf_token %}

Back to log-in