Do you want to realize your dream of becoming a successful doctor?
China is highly recognized for its excellent medical education and competitive English-taught MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) programs. According to statistics, more than 10,000 students take MBBS in China every year. Be part of this growing number by enrolling in the 5 best English-taught MBBS in China!
Get More Information
Join our WeChat Group for MBBS in China 2020 Updates or request free information from China Admissions.
Why an MBBS in China?
In 2007, the Chinese Ministry of Education (MOE) published the “Interim Provisions for Quality Control Standards in Undergraduate Medical Education” in English for international students. This initiative guarantees a high-quality and standardized educational experience for international students.
There are numerous reasons to study MBBS in China, here are some of them:
- All 49 approved medical schools under the direct supervision of the Chinese Government are on the World Health Organization (WHO)’s “Directory of World Medical Schools” and are acknowledged by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO);
- Eligible to apply for various national medical screening tests such as the Medical and Dental Council of Pakistan (PMDC), the Medical Council of India (MCI), the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties ( SCHS), Council for Medical and Dental Professions, Medical Professions Council of South Africa, Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) in the United Kingdom and the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE);
- Top-notch medical professors, a wide-range of scholarships, affordable tuition fee and advanced medical facilities;
- Medical internships from top-tier hospitals that have unparalleled infrastructure and technology;
- Hones students’ research skills to contribute to China’s booming medical industry and;
- Unlimited opportunities after graduation.
5 Medical Schools in China with the Best English-taught MBBS Programs
1. Shantou University Medical College (SUMC)
SUMC is located in Shantou, a beautiful coastal city in Guangdong Province. The medical college has one of the best facilities with a simulated medical center where you get to practice your skills with the aid of virtual learning resources shared by the University of Alberta and Stanford University.
Most MBBS programs in China take 6 years but the at SUMC it only takes 5 years. The tuition fee per year is lesser than most medical universities in China at RMB 40,000. SUMC is currently accepting applicants for September 2020 intake, with the application deadline closing on May 31, 2020. Send in your interest or application requirements here.
Here’s an amazing video showing Shantou University Medical College (5:30):
2. Capital Medical University (CMU)
CMU lies in the city of Beijing, the capital of China. Beijing is known for its amazing modern architecture and bustling city life. The university has advanced equipment as well as 994 associate professors and 548 professors. It has a good reputation for scientific research and has partnerships with universities and institutions in more than 20 countries.
The MBBS program at CMU is a six-year program. Students can do their internship in more than 14 affiliated hospitals across Chin. CMU offers scholarships for international students. The cost of tuition is RMB 35,000 per year.
3. Xiamen University (XMU) School of Medicine
The MBBS program at XMU has one of the most distinct curriculum and training among medical schools in China. It is one of the few universities which has a specialized center called the XMU MBBS Center. The goal of the center, is to support MBBS students and produce “Xiada” Doctors: a highly competent and scientifically literate clinician.
Students can do their internship in prestigious affiliated teaching hospitals in and outside of Xiamen. The tuition fee is 38,000 RMB per year.
4. Jiangsu University (JSU) Medical School
The MBBS at JSU Medical School is a six-year program where students get to experience one of the best clinical lectures from over 300 professors and the best clinical internships from affiliated hospitals and institutions. The Jiangsu Affiliated Hospital, one of JSU’s nine affiliate hospitals, is the largest and most technologically advanced hospital in Zhejiang.
Students can also benefit from the excellent clinical and surgical facilities on campus, all of which each student gets a chance to learn and work in.
5. Guangzhou Medical University (GMU)
Guangzhou Medical University is located in Guangzhou, one of the three largest cities in China. It has an amazing campus that is suitable for students to live and work in. It offers a six-year MBBS program taught in English. The first five years is spent on learning medical theories and clinical training while the last year is spent on internship in one of the university’s eight affiliated hospitals.
The tuition fee is 30,000 RMB per year. GMU is authorized to admit international students under the Chinese Government Scholarship in 2013. Apply now and beat the deadline on June 20.
Studying an MBBS in China is something you will never regret. Choose a university, apply for the next MBBS intake and get your medical career started. Please register your interest and we will contact you to help you find a suitable program.
Request Free Information
Search for more MBBS programs or complete the form below for free information.
- What I Learned After 8 Years Of Living In China – UIBE PhD Student 🇲🇳 - June 16, 2022
- Top 3 Reasons To Study Robotics Engineering At ZUST! - June 15, 2022
- Shantou University MBBS Vs. Tongji University MBBS - May 17, 2022