How do you say all the Winter Olympic sports in Chinese? The Beijing 2022 Olympics are coming up from February 4-20 in China’s capital city. While Covid-19 concerns will likely limit the number of visitors and spectators that will watch the event, there are still 15 official Olympic sports taking place to watch.
Learn about the schedule for the Winter Olympic Games on the official website here.
Olympics: 奥运会 Àoyùnhuì
Winter Olympics: 冬奥会 Dōng Àohuì
Here are all the Winter Olympic sports names in Chinese:
- Alpine Skiing – 高山滑雪 Gāoshān huáxuě
- Biathlon – 冬季两项 dōngjì liǎng xiàng
- Bobsleigh – 雪车 xuě chē
- Cross-Country Skiing – 越野滑雪 yuèyě huáxuě
- Curling – 冰壶 bīng hú
- Figure Skating – 花样滑冰 huāyàng huábīng
- Freestyle Skiing – 自由式滑雪 zìyóu shì huáxuě
- Ice Hockey – 冰球 bīngqiú
- Luge – 雪橇 xuěqiāo
- Nordic Combined – 北欧两项 běi’ōu liǎngxiàng
- Short Track Speed Skating – 短道速滑 duǎn dào sù huá
- Skeleton – 钢架雪车 gāng jià xuě chē
- Ski Jumping – 跳台滑雪 tiàotái huáxuě
- Snowboard – 单板滑雪 dān bǎn huáxuě
- Speed Skating – 速度滑冰 sùdù huábīng
What’s your favorite winter sport? Tell us in the comments!
Learn More Chinese!
How do you say your major in Chinese?
Covid-19 Chinese Vocabulary: Discuss Vaccines and Symptoms
Best Chinese Language Programs for the New Year 2022
- When can international students go to China? (Updated) - January 20, 2023
- Career Opportunities After Graduating from United International College - December 28, 2022
- 10 Popular Chinese Idioms You Must Know! - December 21, 2022