Shanghai Jiaotong University – Global Elite of Business Administration (EBA) program invites you to join their new online free trial class about “Mergers, Acquisitions, and Takeovers” with Lorenzo Riccardi as the guest speaker.
This trial class provides you with an overview of the Global Elite of Business Administration (EBA) of the Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Continuing Education.
NOTE: SJTU is offering only 1 free trial per each participant. To attend more classes, please enroll in SJTU’s EBA program now!
Online Free Trial Class Details
- Topic: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Takeovers
- Organizer: Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Lecturer: Lorenzo Riccardi
- Date: Saturday, 19th December 2020
- Time: 14:00-17:00 (Beijing Time, China)
- Location: On-Campus / Online (Venue and link will be provided after you register)
About the Free Trial Class
- The primary objective of the course is to develop a comprehensive understanding of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) from both academic and practical perspectives.
- This course will cover all major elements of the acquisition process focusing on financing decisions, valuation, restructuring options, cross-border acquisitions, and regulatory intervention.
- It will cover seminal theoretical and empirical literature and current research works in this field.
- It will also use cases and real-world applications to develop the skills necessary to prepare and evaluate the rationale for a proposed transaction.
- Legislation governing M&A in China and Emerging Asia
- Cross-Border M&A
- Taxation of cross-border M&A
- M&A and Corporate Restructuring
- Valuing distressed businesses
- M&A is an aspect of a corporate strategy focusing on development and growth with specific targets (e.g. market shares, effectiveness, efficiency, knowhow, other aspects) using external ways instead of building them inside the company.
- In M&A projects it is crucial to evaluate potential targets, conduct an effective due diligence process, evaluate the tax implications of different mergers, acquisitions, and takeovers strategies. Tax involved in an M&A transaction is also a key factor to design the best investment strategy.
About the Speakers
Managing Partner | RsA Asia tax advisors
Lorenzo has taught taxation at Xian Jiao Tong Liverpool University, Peking University, Shanghai Jiao Tong, Tongji University, and Hult Business School. Tax Advisor and Certified Public Accountant specialized in international taxation at IBFD Kuala Lumpur, a Ph.D. researcher in Asian tax at Shanghai University. He is based in Shanghai, where he focuses on business and tax law, assisting foreign investments in China and East Asia.
What is the Global Elite of Business Administration (EBA) Program?
The SJTU EBA Program was designed in 2019 and will be the most popular international training program and business platform in Shanghai.
With over 100+ topics, The EBA program will cover past, present and future trends of doing business in China. After completing a minimum number of 4 full day topics (24 hours) participants are eligible to be awarded the SJTU EBA Certificate. Attendees are free to attend lectures at any time throughout the year.
The EBA program is for:
- middle and senior managers in an enterprise company (with more than 3 years’experience in management positions);
- senior managers of Government Institutions, Institutions, and Non-profit Organizations and;
- top managers of enterprises: chairman, general manager, and Deputy General Manager.
What will you gain from the EBA program? Learn more about the benefits of the EBA or request for free information.
About Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Shanghai Jiaotong is a leading international University based in Shanghai which is recognized and respected internationally and within China. SJTU attracts leading professors and students from all over China and the world. Learn more about Shanghai Jiaotong University.
Please fill out the form to complete your registration.