Shanghai Jiaotong University – Global Elite of Business Administration (EBA) program invites you to join their new online free trial class about “Journey into China: Economic Trends in Every Province” with Lorenzo Riccardi as the guest speaker.
This trial class provides you with an overview of the Global Elite of Business Administration (EBA) of the Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Continuing Education.
NOTE: SJTU is offering only 1 free trial per each participant. To attend more classes, please enroll in SJTU’s EBA program now!
Online Free Trial Class Details
- Topic: Journey into China: Economic Trends in Every Province
- Organizer: Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Lecturer: Lorenzo Riccardi
- Date: Saturday, 9th January 2020
- Time: 14:00-17:00 (Beijing Time, China)
- Location: On-Site / Online (Venue and link will be provided after you register)
About the Free Trial Class
- The primary objective of the course is to develop an understanding of the different provinces of China, their economies, development trends, and the unique factors they possess.
- This course will provide the students with an introduction to the administrative and economic regions of China, a macroeconomic overview of each province, and a commentary on the key development trends.
- Overview of regional divisions
- Macro Economic Data
- Key Economic Regions and Cities
- A to Z regional economic data
- The People’s Republic of China is the second-largest economy in the world and the largest in Asia, having overtaken Japan in terms of gross domestic product in 2010.
- The first reforms and opening up to foreign investment occurred in the late 1970s which allowed China to embark on a path of economic growth, culminating in China joining the World Trade Organization as a member in December 2001.
- From this date, China has gradually become the main player in the international markets in terms of the volume of goods traded.
- The opening of China to foreign investment has also allowed the entry of new capital through foreign investors, initially to exploit the enormous production capacity of the country and subsequently to be present in the domestic market and to satisfy the growing internal demand. This trend has initiated structural changes in the Chinese economy, triggering a process of transformation from a low-cost global production center to a destination market for goods and services.
- In addition, due to social and tax reforms, many investors have begun to prefer direct investment in Mainland China, without using an investment vehicle in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
About the Speakers
Managing Partner | RsA Asia tax advisors
Lorenzo has taught taxation at Xian Jiao Tong Liverpool University, Peking University, Shanghai Jiao Tong, Tongji University, and Hult Business School. Tax Advisor and Certified Public Accountant specialized in international taxation at IBFD Kuala Lumpur, a Ph.D. researcher in Asian tax at Shanghai University. He is based in Shanghai, where he focuses on business and tax law, assisting foreign investments in China and East Asia.
What is the Global Elite of Business Administration (EBA) Program?
The SJTU EBA Program was designed in 2019 and will be the most popular international training program and business platform in Shanghai.
With over 100+ topics, The EBA program will cover past, present and future trends of doing business in China. After completing a minimum number of 4 full-day topics (24 hours) participants are eligible to be awarded the SJTU EBA Certificate. Attendees are free to attend lectures at any time throughout the year.
The EBA program is for:
- middle and senior managers in an enterprise company (with more than 3 years’experience in management positions);
- senior managers of Government Institutions, Institutions, and Non-profit Organizations and;
- top managers of enterprises: chairman, general manager, and Deputy General Manager.
What will you gain from the EBA program? Learn more about the benefits of the EBA or request for free information.
About Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Shanghai Jiaotong is a leading international University based in Shanghai which is recognized and respected internationally and within China. SJTU attracts leading professors and students from all over China and the world. Learn more about Shanghai Jiaotong University.
Please fill out the form to complete your registration.