Beijing Film Academy’s (BFA) Film Production program is now open for applications for the 2024 Intake! BFA is the best film school in Asia, with a long tradition of graduating famous filmmakers and directors.
Here are all the dates and deadlines for Beijing Film Academy 2024:
June, 2023 Application Opens
December 23rd, 2023 Deadline for first batch of Application
Mid-January, 2024 Online Interview
Late March, 2024 Admission notification
Late March, 2024 Online Interview for students on Waitlist
Mid-April, 2024 Deadline to submit your enrollment deposit
Late April, 2024 Waitlist Admission notification
About BFA Film Production Program
Ranked as top film school in China, Beijing Film Academy’s film production international program is a 4-year English-teaching program, offering all kinds of professional courses including Directing, Cinematography, Post-production, and etc. We’re committed to cultivate talents to master the whole workflow of filmmaking. In addition to gain professional knowledges, you will also have opportunity to learn valuable skills from masters in the industry. You will meet interesting people, develop yourself, and create connections which will bring you endless opportunities in the future. With the rapid growth of China film industry, we believe it will be a perfect platform for you to start off your career in film industry.
We provide industry standard facilities to all students in the department, including professional editing studios, sound studios, color correction studios, screening rooms, as well as a range of cinematic cameras, lighting products etc. — Everything you may need to make your script into film. Most students and teachers in the department speak English and willing to offer help, so you don’t need to worry about the language barrier. We also offer Chinese classes during the study period. So, what are you waiting for? Join us to start your new chapter in film!
According to BFA, the following criteria apply for eligibility to the program:
- Applicant whose parents or one of his/her parents are Chinese, he/she must hold a valid non-Chinese passport or Certificate of Nationality for no less than 4 years. Additionally, applicant shall submit records of living out of China for more than 2 years (9 months of living abroad within a year can be counted as 1 year, subject to the entry and exit stamps) in the last 4 years (up to April 30 of the year of enrolment).
- Applicant must be between 18 to 30 years old (on the date of enrolment).
- Applicant must meet the health requirements issued by the Chinese Ministry of Education and the Chinese Ministry of Health.
- For some country’s applicants who need to serve the army, we suggest you complete your duty before applying.
- If applicants have a history of expulsion, we will refuse the application.
- Applicant who has criminal or prison records will not be accepted.
- Application Form
- Passport information page
- Passport photo
- Official certificate (or notarized copy) of your highest education
- Official transcripts of all high school/university grades
- Personal statement (No more than 3 pages double-spaced)
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one must be from a teacher/guidance counselor at your school)
- A story outline for an original 5 minute short film
- Still photographs portfolio of 10-12 images
- English proficiency test (The minimum score of TOEFL is 85, the minimum score of IELTS is 6.5.)
- List activities and awards that applicant finds most proud of or can best prove him/herself.
- Receipt of application fee transaction (800 RMB)
What are you waiting for? Start your film career in Asia by applying here today!
- How to Communicate and Meet People in China 2024 - December 3, 2023
- 6 Best Chinese Language Textbooks For Total Beginners - November 28, 2023
- Discover The University of Nottingham Ningbo China in 2024! - November 27, 2023