⬅🙋 Support

📄 Documents

What are the required documents?
Here’s the list of documents required https://www.china-admissions.com/blog/required-documents/
What are the required documents if I apply for non-degree program?
Most non-degree programs that we help students to apply for the Chinese language courses, exchange programs, and foundation programs.

Required documents:

  • Passport
  • Photo
  • Highest Education Diploma (high school diploma or higher)
  • Highest Education Transcripts (high school transcripts or higher)
  • Financial (bank) statement
Is admission guaranteed if I provide these documents?

Completing the required documents is a part of the application process, as universities won’t consider incomplete application documents.

But please note that completing the application documents doesn’t guarantee admissions, as the University will need to review your application and make the final decision.

Is there any additional documents required?
Additional documents might be needed if you specifically asked to provide further documents. In some cases, universities require additional documents after the application has been submitted. This usually has one of the two reasons:
– The university has unique document requirements
– The university wants to better understand and evaluate your background
If the university has unique document requirements, we will inform you about it.
However, in some cases, the university asks for other additional documents to better evaluate your background or it might be needed in order to make sure that all documents are ready to prepare a visa later on.
Example of common additional documents: Non-criminal record, CV, Parents’ passport, recommendation letter from teacher
Do I need HSK Chinese language proficiency certificate?
HSK certificate is the Chinese language proficiency certificate.
No, you don’t need HSK certificate when applying to English-taught degree programs
However, if you are applying to Chinese-taught degree program, then you need to submit HSK certificate. Most universities are asking for HSK 5 with a minimum score of 180.

🖨️Documents Preparation

How to prepare the documents? What are the requirement for each documents?
You can watch the video on the link below to see the detailed explanation for each document you will need to submit for your application
– Financial Guarantor Statement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oldZ0C6gv3s
– Medical Examination Form https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSwWLXHY1RA
How to write personal statement?
Personal statement should not exceed 1500 words (for Master’s and Ph.D. application), and 800 words (for Bachelor’s application).
Here’s a video to guide you on how to write the Personal Statement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR0989ad8XI&t=3s
What is recommendation letter?
The letter of recommendation is from someone who knows you, from academia or work, who can write a short letter to recommend you to study in China.
Chinese universities require students to submit 2 recommendation letters for students applying for Master’s and PhD programs, and they prefer these letters to be from the Professor or Associate Professor at your previous university.
To request the letter from your Professor, you can use our Recommendation Letter Tool here https://www.china-admissions.com/blog/preparing-the-recommendation-letter-for-chinese-universities/
What is a Guarantor Statement or Financial Statement?
A guarantor is a person who will help you in case of financial or medical emergency. The guarantor statement is mostly signed by a close relative of yours. You have to submit it because the University needs to know that in case of emergency there will be a person who will take responsibility for you.
Here’s the video on how to prepare the Financial Guarantor Statement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oldZ0C6gv3s
Some examples: financial (bank) statement, salary slip, sponsor letter
Can I study without having a English certificate (TOEFL or IELTS certificate)?
For degree programs taught in English a TOEFL or IELTS certificate is needed.
However, if you are a native English speaker then you don’t need an English certificate.
If you are a non-native speaker, universities don’t require a TOEFL/IELTS certificate if your previous education was taught in English. Just provide evidence that the medium of instruction of your previous education was English. Sometimes this is already stated on your graduation certificate but if not, please provide a letter from the university/school confirming this with a seal and signature
Chinese universities may also accept other English certificates for specific programs, e.g. China Admissions IET which you can register here iet.china-admissions.com
Watch the video here on how to prepare the English Certificate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0yMyRkVlV4
What is a foreigner's physical (medical) examination form?
The medical examination form (same as the physical examination form) is usually required by some universities in China, especially if your duration of study is 1 year or longer.
For all other universities, it is usually not required so you don’t need to provide it unless the university specifically asks for it.
In some cases, universities ask for it after your application has been submitted.
In this case please download the form here and consult your local doctor to do the medical examination and fill it out for you.
You can download the form here
Here’s the guide to prepare the Medical Examination Form https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSwWLXHY1RA
P.S. Your foreigner’s physical examination form is only valid for 6 months

Do you have any other questions not answered?

Check out other topics here

or fill in the support form here, and our team will respond to your inquiry by email

Join 180,000+ international students and get monthly updates

Receive Admissions, Scholarships & Deadlines Updates from Chinese Universities.
Unsubscribe anytime.