AXA Medical Insurance
China Admissions is please to share the information on AXA Tianping Medical Insurance to provide International Level Medical Insurance for Foreign Students in China.
It is a legal requirement for all students in China to have medical insurance. If you do not have insurance at this time you will need to buy the local Chinese student insurance.
The local Chinese insurance costs 800 RMB per year and is insured by Pingan. Many students who have used the insurance have found it to be quite basic. The main limitations of this insurance:
– The costs needs to be paid by you direct and is reimbursed by the insurance company later.
– There is a limit to the hospitals that can be used.
– There is no guarantee of English service (it is advisable to go with a Chinese friend if you have a medical problem)
With feedback from students, we are pleased to announce we have partnered with AXA to provide more comprehensive medical insurance for foreign students in China.
This should provide you with comprehensive medical service to be easy to use in case of a small problem. It can also help to cover in case of any emergency in China with a high level of medical treatment.
AXA was founded in France in 1817 and is one of the largest insurance companies in the world. It has over 165,000 employees and over 100 Billion Euros in Revenue.
The AXA China student insurance has the following advantages:
– English service phone number
– English departments of hospitals using AXA’s comprehensive network of hospitals in China (no need to bring a Chinese friend).
– Direct Billing Card – you will receive a card which you can use to pay for your expenses in the hospital direct. No need to pay yourself and then claim the money back later.
– Covers up to 10,000,000 RMB inpatient or emergency care (the local insurance is 400,000 RMB)
– Companion accommodation for friends or relatives (up to 900 RMB per night)
– Cash benefit (2,700 RMB per night)
– Emergency Repatriation to Your Home Country
– Covers up to 12,000 RMB in outpatient (such as GP, medicine no excess needed)
– International Emergency Medical Insurance (if you are travelling outside of China)
The Differences between Pingan and AXA Medical Insurance
*Pay by yourself and get reinbursed by Pingan later. Make sure to keep enough cash to cover the costs. And keep a record of all medical records and all laboratory tests to get approval.
The price is:
– For Under 30 Years Old – 258 USD for 6 months, 418 USD per year
– For 30-40 Years Old – 288 USD for 6 months, 458 USD per year
For more information on the insurance please complete the form below.