Finding a Job in China for International Students

Based on Chinese labor laws and regulations, international students who hold study residence permits may work part-time jobs or internships outside the university as long as they can get approval from their academic institutions and the entry and exit administrative authorities.

6 steps to work in China while studying

To work part-time as a student you need to obtain an internship visa sponsored by an authorized educational institution. Here’s the step-by-step process how to apply for the visa.

1. Get in touch with the Chinese university where you are going to study as they will provide the instructions.

2. Complete the internship visa application form. You will need the company you will do your internship at to sign, stamp, and give their business license to your university.

3. Once you complete your visa documents and it has been approved by your university, submit them to the public security bureau in your city.

4. Pay the application fee of about 400 RMB (US $56).

5. Pick up your internship visa after 5 to 7 working days. Your student visa will be replaced by a new internship visa.

You are not allowed to work in other companies other than approved by your visa. You are allowed to receive payment when you have an internship visa.

You can find jobs on websites such as:, and Linkedin.

Apply to a Chinese University through China Admissions

Apply online to Chinese Universities in three simple steps with China Admissions.

Return to Guide Menu Page

Choose a city in China
Cost of living in Chinese cities
Choose a degree level
Admissions information by degree levels
Choose a subject to study 
Career opportunities in China
International students according to country of origin

Read Related Articles

Can I Work While Studying In China?
3 Tips to Find a Job and Get a Work Visa in China
How to Find a Great Job in China After Graduation

Join 150,000+ international students and get monthly updates

Receive Admissions, Scholarships & Deadlines Updates from Chinese Universities.
Unsubscribe anytime.