The impact of the global lockdown and advancing technology is changing the workplace with increased workplace flexibility, enforced home office, and a shift to a more digital way of working. What effect will these workplace changes have on organizations? How can HR teams and organizations effectively shift to these new ways of working without too must cost or disruption?
China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) is inviting you for this special free online webinar in partnership with Oerlikon AG on Reinventing the Talent Ecosystem, with CEIBS Assistant Professor of Management Dr. Byron Lee and David Watkins of Oerlikon Management AG, Pfäffikon, on Thursday, 29th October 2020, at 13:00-14:00 CET / 20:00-21:00 Beijing Time.
During this one-hour free online webinar, they will explore how we could expect the organization of the future to look like, taking into account organizational structures, personality types, processes, and new ways of measuring productivity and success.
This webinar will be moderated by Dr. Robert Straw, CEO, CEIBS Zurich Campus.
The Future of Work Online Webinar Details
- Topic: Reinventing the Talent Ecosystem
- Organizer: China Europe International Business School (CEIBS)
- Speaker: Dr. Byron Lee, CEIBS Assistant Professor of Management / David Watkins, SVP, Group Talent, Transformation & Engagement, Oerlikon Management AG, Pfäffikon
- Date and time: Thursday, 29th October 2020 at 13:00-14:00 CET / 20:00-21:00 Beijing Time.
- Location: Online (link will be provided after you register)
About the Webinar
- The impact of COVID-19 combined with advancing technology is changing the talent and skills space. This session will delve into the future of the talent ecosystem and the need for HR functions to revaluate skillsets to meet evolving needs. How can organizations build a robust workforce able to deal with uncertainty and disruption? We will take a look at skill-sharing, collaborative partnerships, skill forecasting, and changing trends in contract types.
About the Guest Speakers
Dr. Byron Lee
Assistant Professor of Management
Dr. Byron Lee is an Assistant Professor of Management at CEIBS. He received his Ph.D. in Industrial Relations and Human Resources from the University of Toronto. Prior to joining CEIBS, he was an Assistant Professor at the School of Business and also the International MBA Academic Director at the Renmin University of China. Dr. Lee’s main research interests focus on strategic compensation, strategic human resource management, corporate social responsibility, and industrial relations. His publications have appeared in Industrial Relations, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Industrial and Labor Relations Review, Journal of Labor Research, and Contemporary Economic Research. Dr. Lee has received the Emerging Scholar Award in Employee Participation and Ownership from the Academy of Management.
SVP, Group Talent, Transformation & Engagement
Oerlikon Management AG, Pfäffikon
David Watkins is a consultant, coach, author, and leadership shaper with over 25 years of business and leadership experience. He moved to Switzerland in 2009 in a Global Organisational & Leadership Development function for Schindler elevators and joined Oerlikon as Global Head of Talent, Transformation & Engagement in 2017.
Oerlikon Management AG, Pfäffikon Oerlikon is a global technology group and market leader in advanced materials, surface engineering, and polymer processing. Oerlikon operates its business in two segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10,500 employees at 175 locations in 37 countries.
About China Europe International Business School (CEIBS)
China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) was co-founded by the Chinese government and the European Union (EU) in 1994.
As China’s only business school to originate from government-level collaboration, CEIBS is committed to educating responsible leaders versed in “China Depth, Global Breadth” in line with its motto of “Conscientiousness, Innovation, and Excellence”. Leaders from the Chinese central government and the EU have respectively lauded CEIBS as “a cradle of excellent executives” and “a role model of EU-China cooperation”.
Learn more about CEIBS here.
About CEIBS MBA
CEIBS offers a world-class, 18-month, full-time MBA program taught in English and designed to prepare talented professionals with strong career aspirations, promising managerial potential, and clear international orientation for post-graduation roles as global business thought leaders.
The CEIBS MBA program primarily aims to enhance students’ ability to identify and utilize business opportunities, solve complex business problems, motivate people, and develop organizations.
The CEIBS MBA Program has ranked in the top 25 of the Financial Times’ annual global business school ranking for 16 consecutive years (2005-2020). The Global EMBA Programme was #5 worldwide and was the highest-ranked stand-alone in Asia in 2019. For more details, see below.
- #1 in Asia and #5 globally amongst full-time MBA programs in the Financial Times (2020)
- #1 in Asia in Bloomberg Businessweek’s Best Business Schools (2019)
- #1 in Asia amongst 2-year programs outside the US in Forbes Magazine’s The Best Business Schools (2019)
Online Webinar Registration Form
Please fill out the form to complete your registration.