An official notice published on January 12th by Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security has made it easier for foreign students to work in China
a Chinese University (or a well known university abroad) will be able to work in China and get a work permit and employment license.
This is one of a number of moves by China to help increase the attractiveness for international students to come to study in China. The Chinese government has set a target of attracting 500,000 foreign students to study in China by 2020.
This follows on from regulation in January 2016, when Beijing set out opportunities for foreign students to take internships in Zhongguancun area of Beijing which is Beijing’s high tech area. Article is here.
This notice will make Master’s Programs in China more attractive as a means for foreigners to enter the China job market. There are many foreigners who are contacting us who would like to relocate to China to start a business or find a job and studying in China is a great way to do this, allowing you to learn the culture, language, and build your connections, which are all so important in China.
And did you know there are over 616 Master’s Programs in China in English for foreign students? Our Founder Richard Coward gave a talk on China Business Cast about this here.
We also provide a free introductory service for our students by introducing you to careers opportunities and internships through partner companies and our network.
There are, of course, other requirements. In total, to be eligible to work in China and for the work visa you have to fulfil these 6 requirements:
1. To be 18 years or older, in good health and to have no criminal record.
2. To have average grade of at least 80% (B or higher)
3. Have a relevant degree or education certificate.
4. Have a job confirmation (needs to match your major)
5. A higher salary than locals
6. Have a passport or equivalent travel document.
Qualified international students at Chinese universities will be granted work permits and employment licenses.
Qualified students at foreign universities will first be granted work permits, followed by an employment license after arriving in China and obtaining a work visa to work in China.
Employment licenses for foreign graduates are valid for one year upon first arrival, with subsequent licenses being valid for up to five years at a time.
The Chinese Notice
Study Master’s Degree in China in English
There are over 616 Master’s Programs in China in English. Applications are now open for September 2017 intake.
China Admissions provides free and objective advice to thousands of international students about studying in China. Our service is free as we are funded by Chinese Universities.
- LLM Program in Chinese Law at Tsinghua University
- MBA at Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Master’s in Higher Education at University of Science and Technology, Beijing
- Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Master’s Programs
- Scholarships at Chinese Universities: still open for application! - April 19, 2017
- How to Notarize Your Application Documents - April 3, 2017
- Carlos from Mexico shares his story of studying in China - March 14, 2017