Thinking about studying business in China? If you’re looking for world-leading undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications in economics, finance or business administration, you will be hard-pressed to find a better university than SILC Business School, Shanghai University. Read on to learn about the undergraduate and postgraduate programs they offer, and typical costs of living for students living in Shanghai.
About SILC Business School
Founded in 1994 by Shanghai University and the University of Technology Sydney, SILC Business School places emphasis on practical, hands-on learning in the fields of economics, business administration and finance.
Students have access to top-notch technology, a beautiful campus and modern resources designed to enhance and inform their learning further. Graduates of SILC Business School often find many great career opportunities, with many going on to become established business leaders in their fields.
Every year, the school welcomes approximately 390 international students. The student exchange program has agreements in place with over 30 global universities, primarily in America and Europe, providing opportunities for its students to attend universities abroad.
Undergraduate Courses At SILC Business School
Undergraduates can earn a Bachelor’s degree from SILC Business School in International Economics and Trade, Business Administration and Finance.
Bachelor’s in International Economics and Trade
Expect to embark on a broad scope of learning when you select this undergraduate course. Students are taught about the cross-border e-commerce industry to help them master the concept of doing business online in a global context. The course covers topics such as:
- Accounting, Business and Society
- Global Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Fundamentals of Business Finance
- International Trade Practice and Theory
The course also allows you to take some elective modules to deepen your learning, including:
- Export Exhibition and Trade Negotiation
- Management Skills
- Human Resource Management
- International Marketing
It takes 4 years to complete with full-time study. The cost is 30,000 CNY per year.
Bachelor’s in Business Administration
- Academic and Business Communication
- Business Decision Simulation
- Cross-Culture Management
- Economics for Business
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Innovative Thinking and Business Design
- Marketing and Customer Value
- Social Psychology
- Research Methodology
Elective modules include:
- Brand Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Business Ethics and Sustainability
- The Psychology of Decision Making
It takes 4 years to complete for full-time students. The cost is 30,000 CNY per year.
Bachelor’s in Finance
With a focus on corporate finance, this degree will equip you with the computer and mathematics skills required to work in the fields of corporate finance, quantitative finance and financial technology. The curriculum covers:
- Accounting and Accountability
- Business Statistics
- Business and Social Impacts
- Derivative Securities
- Investment Analysis
- Money and Banking
- Quantitative Techniques for Finance and Economics
Elective modules include:
- Applied Portfolio Management
- Brand Management
- Corporation Governance
- Ethics in Finance
This degree also takes 4 years full-time to complete. The cost is 30,000 CNY per year.
Masters Courses at SILC Business School
If you want to apply to a English-taught postgraduate course, SILC Business School has options in the areas of Accounting and Finance.
Master’s in Accounting
This program will prepare you for a career in accounting and finance, giving you the choice between three different pathways:
- Master’s in Accounting (International Accounting Standards and Information Disclosure)
- Master’s in Accounting (Intelligent Accounting and Digital Management)
- Master’s in Accounting (Management Control and Innovation Management)
It takes 2 years to complete and costs 59,000 CNY per year.
Master’s in Finance
This program is also offered with three different majors:
- Master’s in Finance (Corporate Finance)
- Master’s in Finance (Technology and Internet Finance)
- Master’s in Finance (Cross Border E-Commerce)
The program takes 2 years to complete and costs 45,000 CNY per year.
Masters Courses Taught in Chinese
There are additional Masters options for Chinese speaking students at the cost of 29,000 CNY per year. These are:
- Regional Economics Major
- Corporate Management Major
- Master’s in Management (Science and Engineering)
The Cost of Living in Shanghai
Here’s a general guide about what you can expect your living costs to be when you attend SILC Business School, including accommodation, bills, food and visa application fees.
If you want to stay on campus, the international students dormitory is priced between 30-100 CNY per day.
If you’d rather live off campus, you can expect to spend 1,500-2,000 CNY per month for a shared house, or 2,000-3,000 CNY per month for your own apartment.
Your insurance and visa will be 1,500-1,600 CNY per year. Food and general living expenses typically cost 1,500-2,000 CNY per month.
In total, you can expect your monthly expenses to fall between 3,000 and 6,000 CNY.
As the exchange rate is always changing, we recommend looking up today’s exchange rate to get an accurate monthly estimate of costs in your home currency.
READ MORE: Cost of Living in Chinese Cities
Explore the Courses
Making the decision to study business in China is a big one, and it shouldn’t be taken lightly. There are many logistics to consider, including money, time spent on the course, and the language you may have to learn to get by. There’s also plenty of paperwork and administrative tasks, including applying for the course and any visas, and sorting housing. The China Admissions platform helps to make the process easier.
Learn more details about these courses below:
If you would like to study one of the undergraduate or postgraduate courses at SILC Business School, click here and apply via our portal. It’s quick and easy, with simple explanations every step of the way. Read or watch our student testimonials and discover how studying abroad has changed so many lives for the better. Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions!
- EY Partner Enrolled in An EMBA to Boost Her Career – Here’s Why - November 21, 2023
- What’s Innovation Network and Why Do You Need to Know About It? - November 19, 2023
- Careers in China – Internships and Careers Around Zhuhai - November 17, 2023