With 1.4 billion people, China is the most populous country.
With such a big population, they might know a thing or two about falling in love!
Did you know that China has 3 Valentine’s Days?
– February 14th which is known as “Western” valentines Day
– Double Seventh Festival – I will explain more in a minute!
– April 20 (4/20) is known as “I love you day” because 420 in Chinese sounds similar to 我爱你 (Wǒ ài nǐ) “I love you”
But they also have two days which are dedicated to singles and helping them to find a partner or celebrate their singleness!
– The 11th of November 11.11 which is known as singles day – the famous shopping day made famous by Alibaba.
– 19th of April is known unofficially as “One Night Stand” day. Because 419 in Chinese sounds similar to “For One Night”.
I love you!
I love you 我爱你 (Wǒ ài nǐ) – is probably the most important combination of three words in the English language.
Saying the phrase is so common in English-speaking countries that it has become a normal part of people’s language.
In this article, we’ll make sure that you learn the appropriate way to say I love you in China.
Unique Ways to Say I Love You in Chinese
Like the rest of the world, China celebrates Valentine’s Day but it’s called:
Double Seventh Festival
The Double Seventh Festival is based on an ancient legend romance between an ox herder and a basket weaver.
The most appropriate way to say “I love you” in Chinese is:
I like you / I fancy you
Wǒ xǐhuan nǐ
There are many ways to tell your loved ones how much you love 喜欢 them. Here are a few unique ways that are popular in China:
I want to be with you
wǒ xiǎng gēn nǐ zài yīqǐ
I miss you / I’m thinking of you
wǒ xiǎng nǐ
I will always stay with you
wǒ huì yīzhí péizhe nǐ)
In my eyes, you are the most beautiful
zài wǒ yǎn lǐ nǐ shì zuì měi de
520 (wǔ èr líng)
我爱你 (sounds a little like wǒ ài nǐ)
I love you
530 (wǔ sān líng)
我想你 (sounds a little like wǒ xiǎng nǐ) “I miss you”
880 (bā bā líng)
抱抱你 (sounds a little like bào bào nǐ) “Hug you”
I love you more than 99 iPhones.
Wǒ ài nǐ shèngguò 99 gè àifēng
This is symbolic of the man who went viral for proposing to his girlfriend with 99 iPhones.
My love for you is beyond index.
Wǒ duì nǐ de ài wúyǐyánbiǎo
This means beyond the normal range.
Are you interested in dating in China?
Check out the list of apps here. Be sure to practice how to say “I love you” in Chinese!
Do you know the best way to impress a beautiful Chinese girl or a handsome Chinese guy? Speak to them in Chinese!
Check out some of the programs below.
Are you interested in learning Chinese?
Many Chinese universities offer quality Chinese lessons at an affordable rate. We’ve handpicked the best online Chinese language programs for you. You can read more about them here:
- NEW BLCU Online Chinese Classes HSK 0-4 Part-Time Online Program
Here’s a sample class of BLCU’s online Chinese class:
If you loved reading this article, be sure to share it on your socials and tag China Admissions. Sending everyone lots of love and kisses 发送每个人很多的爱和亲吻 Fāsòng měi gèrén hěnduō de ài hé qīnwěn!
- 9 Fascinating Things About Christmas In China - November 24, 2022
- China Scholarships – The 2023 Guide for International Students - November 10, 2022
- Study MBBS in China: Admissions for 2023! - August 12, 2022