Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU) stands out as a modern and comprehensive university, specializing in tailored professional programs that align with market trends and industry demands. This commitment ensures students receive quality professional education and are well-prepared for successful career paths.
HKMU offers signature programs in high-demand fields, including nursing, physiotherapy, medical laboratory technology, building services engineering, creative arts, early childhood education, business management, and corporate governance.
A beacon of vibrancy in Hong Kong’s academic landscape, HKMU extends a warm welcome to students worldwide, providing a diverse range of undergraduate programs.
Are you an international student looking to apply for the 2024 intake at Hong Kong Metropolitan University? China Admissions, with its extensive experience in assisting top students, has all the information you need to craft a successful application and secure enrollment at HKMU.
Application Deadlines for HKMU 2024
Here are the application dates for Hong Kong Metropolitan University in 2024:
|1 October 2023 – 31 March 2024
|2nd / Final round
|1 October 2023 – 31 May 2024
- HKDSE Examination results (current and/or past results) and/or locally accredited / overseas qualifications other than HKDSE Examination results
- 2024 NCEE results
- Applicants are required to meet the:
- General entrance requirements (or other equivalent qualifications as determined by the University);
- English language requirements; and,
- Programme entrance requirements (if any).
- All applications are considered on a competitive and rolling basis. Programmes will close once all of the available places have been filled.
- Eligible applicants will be invited to attend an (face-to-face or online) admission interview after submitting applications.
- The University considers an applicant’s whole profile. As such, satisfying the university admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
Application Documents for HKMU
- A copy of passport or other identity proof
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (if applicable):
- TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid within 2 years after the test date.
- The certified true copy must be issued by the official organization or relevant test organization.
- Applicants may be requested to provide the original official documents for verification.
- All applicants seeking admission to full-time undergraduate programme are required to meet ONE of the following English language requirements:
- Academic Qualifications:
- Copies of academic transcript(s) (with a complete record of courses attended and examination results) & graduation certificate(s) (if any) / certifying letter(s) (if any) / testimonial (if any)
- Applicants studying Associate Degree / Higher Diploma (or equivalent qualifications) should also upload:
- full course enrolment records / full list of courses if you have not completed the programme
- explanatory notes printed / appended to the transcript indicating the grading scheme of the institutions
- Official academic documents, which are not in English or Chinese, should be submitted with an official English translation that was prepared by your high school or by a recognized translation service provider. The presence of the school’s / translation service provider’s stamp is required.
- Only original copies of qualifications will be used for verification purposes.
- Student visa / Entry permit
- Visa / Entry permit under the Immigration Arrangements for International Graduates or dependent visa / Entry permit who were 18 years old or above when they were issued with this visa/entry permit by the Director of Immigration.
If you are eventually given a conditional offer, relevant original documents* will need to be presented for verification purpose by the deadline stipulated in the offer letter. Only official documents / certificates of relevant qualifications issued by the official organisation will be accepted.
- Complete the required application documents
- Online application
- Pay the application fee (HK$515 / 66 USD)
- Submit application materials
- Interview arrangement
- Admission usually involves an interview. Shortlisted applicants will be notified via email and SMS by the Admissions Team (Undergraduate). It is essential to check email regularly and be available for the interview. Some programs may also require a written test.
- Admission decision and offer
- Successful applicants will be notified of the results after the interview. If no results are received by early September 2024, consider the application unsuccessful. An offer, if given, is exclusive within the academic year, with priority given to the highest-ranked program offering an admission.
Read more articles about HKMU:
- 7 Popular Bachelor’s Programs at HKMU
- Career and Internship Opportunities at Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU)
- Launch your Career in Hong Kong with HKMU’s Career-Centric Programmes
How to Apply