Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (CKGSB) is located in Beijing, China. It is a private, non-profit, independent educational institution and the only business school with faculty governance. The school offers MBA, dual EMBA with IMD, Finance MBA, Executive MBA, Doctor of Business Administration, and executive education programs to both Chinese and international students.
CKGSB’s mission is to cultivate and develop business leaders with a global vision, a humanistic spirit and a sense of social responsibility and innovative mindset. In mainland China, CKGSB has its locations in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzen with overseas offices in Hong Kong, London and New York.
The MBA program at CKGSB is a unique opportunity for you if you want to succeed in the Chinese market. There are also scholarship opportunities available.
Li Ka Shing Foundation, LKSF, is a Hong Kong based charitable organization that was formed in 1980 by Hong Kong entrepreneur Li Ka-Shing. The foundation supports projects that promote social progress through expanding access to quality education, medical services and research, encouraging cultural diversity and community involvement.
CKGSB was established in November 2002 with the financial support from Li Ka Shing Foundation. Over the years, the university has progressed to become one of the recognized graduate business schools in China.
CKGSB and MBA
CKGSB does not participate in MBA global ranking. However, it is named as one of the world’s top business school in terms of quality and innovation strategies of its MBA Programs. “Despite CKGSB not participating in any global MBA ranking programs, it has grown into one of China’s most representative business schools, especially with its strong alumni network that includes billionaire businesspeople like Jack Ma of Alibaba and Li Dongsheng of TCL Group,” the magazine wrote.
The CKGSB Chuang Community
The CKGSB Chuang Community is an eco-system for start-ups, initiated by CKGSB and CKGSB Almuni in May 2015. With great partnerships with business giants from around the world, the Chuang community is committed to building a truly global platform and accelerator for start-up and founder innovators.
The Chuang Community helps entrepreneurs in the following ways:
- Chuang-Tencent Program: 18-month camp in cooperation with Tencent, targeting founders of start-ups after series A fund-raising.
- Chuang-Baidu Program: 1-year camp in cooperation with Baidu, targeting founders of mature internet enterprises and fast-growing start-ups with valuations of at least 500 million RMB.
- Chuang-JD Program: 1-year camp in cooperation with JD Finance, targeting founders of Fin-tech related startups and executives of innovative financial institutions.
- Chuang Combinator: An accelerator for founders of start-ups after series A or Pre-A fundraising.
- Open courses: We invite innovators, experts, investors and CEOs to share their insights and creative ideas on cutting-edge topics.
- Chuang Education: Tencent, Baidu and IBM cooperation Open courses available for community members
- Chuang Financing: Top VCs and financial institution collaboration
Chuang Fund on the way
- Chuang Branding: Exposures and events opportunities
- Chuang Hunter: Executive hunting and joint recruiting
- In cooperation with partners including Tencent, Baidu, IBM, KPMG and Innovation Works, we provide a series of services for entrepreneurs ranging from financing, branding, human resources, taxation and legal affairs.
- In May 2017, we launched the Chuang Fund to provide investment and financing services for companies within the Chuang Community.
Experienced Professors From CKGSB
Huang Chunyan (Jennifer)
Jennifer is a professor of finance at CKGSB. She graduated with a PhD at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. At the university, she teaches MBA, FMBA, EMBA and global programs. Her area of expertise invlifr corporate finance, government debt, internal capital allocation, investment strategy, liquidity and asset pricing, mutual funds, stock market crashes and taxes.
Li is the Deans Distinguished Chair Professor of Finance. He is also the Associate Dean for FMBA. He graduated with a PhD at Yale University and now teaches EE, EMBA, FMBA, MBA and Global Programs.
His area of expertise include asset pricing, continuous-time finance, credit risk, financial engineering and derivatives, financial management, hedge funds, insurance investment, option pricing and term structure.
- Yu Gang: Professor of Management Practice of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Li Wei: Professor of Economics
- Xu Chenggang: Professor of Economics
She is an Associate Professor of Accounting and teaches MBA and FMBA at CKGSB. She graduated with a PhD from the University of Texas at Dallas. Her area of expertise include performance evaluation, executive compensation, financial statement analysis, financial instruments, mergers and acquisition, strategic cost analysis and business valuation
Alumni From CKGSB
Notable and globally recognized alumni from CKGSB are:
- Jack Ma: Chairman and CEO of Alibaba Group.
- Fu Chengyu: Chairman and CEO of China National Offshore Oil Cooperation
- Li Dongsheng: Chairma, CEO and President of TCL Cooperation
- Yu MingFang: Vice-President Belle International
- Fabian Wong: CEO Greater China, Philips Consumer Lifestyle
- Guo Guangchang- Chairman, CEO and Founder Fosun International Limited
Cindy Mi and VIPKid
Cindi Mi is a recognized educator and entrepreneur. She is the CEO of VIPKID, an education technology company that connects students in China and international students with the world’s best teachers for real-time online English immersion learning.
Cindy Mi is an alma mater of CKGSB earned a degree in MBA. She started tutoring English from age 15 and her journey from a teenage tutor to an edtech entrepreneur motivated her to start VIPKID.
VIPKID is an edtech company and its mission is to inspire and empower every child for the future. Founded in 2013 and formally launched in 2014 after a year of piloting and development, VIPKID has become China’s market-leading edtech startup. VIPKID’S vision is to build a global classroom that empowers students and teachers through personalized learning, connects cultures across the world and sparks a passion for lifelong learning.
VIPKID has now changed the lives of over 500,000 students and is creating job opportunities for over 60,000 teachers.
Tuition Fee and Financial Aid
The application fee for an MBA course is RMB 800 or USD 120 (non-refundable). The tuition fee is RMB 409,000 (USD 60,914).
Through generous funding from the Li Ka Shing Foundation, CKGSB MBA scholarships aim to attract individuals of exceptional ability and talent in China and around the world. The goal of these scholarships is to help meet the financial needs related to the educational well-being and personal development of all eligible MBA applicants. The Admissions Committee will carefully assess each applicant’s overall suitability for the scholarship during the admission process.
All scholarships are granted on a non-cash basis. Application and evaluation for most scholarships are completed through the regular application process. An applicant that wishes to be considered for scholarships should provide a positive answer to the scholarship question in the online application and complete the required additional procedures.
Types of scholarships offered include:
- CKGSB Merit based scholarships- scholarship given based on applicant’s ability to exemplify CKGSB’s values throughout application process and have demonstrated professional and academic excellence.
- The GMAT/ GRE Scholarship- scholarship given to those who score 680 and above.
- CKGSB Industry Scholarship- Scholarship awarded to applicants who have demonstrated an outstanding contribution to a specific industry or function.
- Young Professional Scholarship.
- Scholarship for Outstanding Oversees Chinese.
- CKGSB Vision Scholarship.
- CKGSB Company Sponsored Scholarship.
- CKGSB Scholarship for International Students
Apply now to get a chance to study this MBA program at CKGSB. If you need more information or help in applying for the program, register your interest below and we will get back to you with free advice.
Request More Information
Register your interest below and we will get back to you with free advice.
- China’s Top 10 MBA Programs & 2024 Application Deadlines - September 14, 2023
- How To Fund an MBA in China - December 22, 2020
- 12 Top MBA Programs in China for International Students - November 10, 2020