Bachelor’s in Computer Science and Technology
Introduction to the Program
The Bachelor’s in Computer Science and Technology at Jinan University is a four year English-taught undergraduate degree program for international students.
There are many special features that Jinan University can be proud of: one of the oldest universities in China and one of the “211” key national universities in China, the 1st university in China that recruits foreign students, the 1st university in China that enrolls students at both spring and autumn semesters, the 1st university that pioneered the implementation of credit system in China, the university with the largest number of overseas students, the only university that finds her alumni in both Chinese and foreign state-level leaders in China… For more info visit the page here.
About the Program
Provide the best possible undergraduate education with a well-balanced emphasis on computer science theories, practical hands-on development skills as well as software engineering management .
Through in-depth lectures and rigorous tutorials, laboratory work, projects and case studies, students will acquire a broad and thorough understanding of the theories and practical skills behind software design and development, software engineering, database systems, computer networks and information security. The B.Sc. Computer Science is a sandwich program that allows students to gain valuable real world work experience. Graduates can easily leverage this strong foundation to specialize in various technical and managerial positions.
The students should be able to:
1. have a good command of English, with strong listening, speaking, reading and writing skills and be able to work in an English Environment after graduation.
2. apply relevant mathematics and engineering methods to computing;
3. use computer programming for problem solving;
4. identify problems, analyze requirements, formulate design and implement solutions that meet realistic constraints;
5. use software engineering methods and tools for developing quality software solutions;
6. develop projects effectively and independently;
7. apply specialized knowledge in selected area(s) of Computer Science;
8. collaborate and function effectively in team work situations including multi-disciplinary team;
9. function effectively in an industrial environment and apply learned skills to real-world problems.
Start Date of the Program
September or March
High school graduates with a relatively high degree of English proficiency
August or February
Major Courses: Discrete Mathematics; Software Engineering; Problem Solving and Programming; Computer Organization; Object-Oriented Programming; Operating Systems; Computer Networks; Data Structures; Database Systems; Design and Analysis of Algorithms; Software Testing and Maintenance; Internet Security and E-Commerce Protocols; Image Processing; Artificial Intelligence, etc
The tuition fees are RMB26000 per semester. The total for the 4 year program is 104,000 RMB.
Jinan University offers a wide variety of dormitories located on campus. For further information on the accommodation visit the accommodation page here.