Bachelor’s in Accounting (CPA-Canada)
Introduction to the Program
The Bachelor’s in Accounting (CPA-Canada) at Jinan University is a four year English-taught undergraduate degree program for international students.
There are many special features that Jinan University can be proud of: one of the oldest universities in China and one of the “211” key national universities in China, the 1st university in China that recruits foreign students, the 1st university in China that enrolls students at both spring and autumn semesters, the 1st university that pioneered the implementation of credit system in China, the university with the largest number of overseas students, the only university that finds her alumni in both Chinese and foreign state-level leaders in China… For more info visit the page here.
About the Program
Conducted totally in English as the medium of instruction, with all textbooks and teaching materials compiled by and imported from CGA Canada, this program is designed to train specialists who are enabled to meet the needs of rapidly growing market economy of China and develop in an all-round way. Students trained under this program should be equipped with sound basic theory, skills in auditing, international accounting regulations and economic statutes. They will be qualified upon graduation for auditing jobs in certified accountant offices both at home and abroad as C.P.A. as well as for careers in commercial enterprises as accountant and financial affairs executive.
Students trained under this program will study mainly the basic theory and knowledge in the field of accounting, auditing and business administration and get trained in the basic skills in accounting and auditing. They are expected to have reasonable strong ability to analyze and solve problems in accounting and auditing field.
Students trained under this program should:
1. have a good mastery of basic theory, expertise and skills in the field of management science, economics, accounting and auditing.
2. have a good mastery of qualitative and quantitative analysis methods in accounting and auditing.
3. have a reasonably strong ability of oral and verbal expression, inter-personal communication, information acquisition and basic ability to solve accounting and auditing problems.
4. keep well-informed of the policies and regulation in the accounting and auditing fields both at home and abroad and international accounting and auditing practices.
5. have a sound knowledge of the latest achievements and the trend of development in the academic field;
6. have a sound mastery of basic methods of literature retrieval; and be able to do practical work and scientific research.
Start Date of the Program
September or March
High school graduates with a relatively high degree of English proficiency
August or February
Major Courses: Management Science, Micro-economics, Macro-economics, Information Management System, Statistics, Accounting, Financial Management, Marketing, Economic Law, Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting and Auditing.
The tuition fees are RMB28000 per semester. The total for the 4 year program is 112,000 RMB.
Jinan University offers a wide variety of dormitories located on campus. For further information on the accommodation visit the accommodation page here.