English language is one of the most common languages in the world. With the knowledge of just one language, you can easily communicate with around 375 million people and comfortly travel to at least 50 countries. Impressive, isn’t it?
But those are not the only advantages English brings. In fact, it can open many doors for you all over the world. What kind? TESOL kind of doors.
TESOL is an abbreviation for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages; it’s a program designed to train you to share your knowledge of English with many other people. And the student becomes the teacher, how amazing is that?
What’s even more amazing is that even if you feel your own English could use some improvement, you can improve it while studying the program. You can get a good degree and progress your English to the next level, all at the same time! And, of course, you’ll secure a future with lots of job opportunities, because there will always be people who want to learn English. Whichever country you choose, whatever city you go to, you’ll always find somebody who is looking for a teacher.
Another bonus is that teaching English is an honorable deed which isn’t as complicated as, for example, figuring out the solution for global warming. As long as you are ready to make an effort, you can do it.
Master’s in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
You can complete the program within 1 year, if you do it full-time. Another option is to complete it within 2 years as a part-time program. The core and elective modules include: Applied Linguistics for TESOL, Developments in Language Teaching Methodology, The Language Learner and Language Learning, TESOL Observation and Practicum, Enhancing Language Learning with Digital Technologies, etc.
Studying it will help you:
- gain an advanced critical understanding of key issues, theories and practices in the field of English language teaching
- acquire a sound knowledge and understanding of language in context
- explore the implications of language analysis for teaching purposes
- develop understanding of current methodology as it is embodied in classroom practice
- engage with theories underlying current views on language learning, including the importance of individual differences amongst learners in their abilities and learning preferences
- appreciate and view critically the connections between theory and practice in the field of English language teaching
- foster the ability to conduct academic research.
The University is the most popular choice. It is in the top one percent of more than 7,500 higher education institutions worldwide and league tables consistently rank the University highly.
All of the teaching on campus is carried out in English by staff either seconded from Nottingham or appointed to The University of Nottingham’s standards.
Seems like a deal worth taking? Application deadline for the program is coming soon, so hurry up!
Contact our team by filling out this form and we’ll process your application quickly and for free.
- Choosing a University after High School in China: Top Choices - June 5, 2018
- Study TESOL of University of Nottingham Ningbo China - June 4, 2018