Higher education is increasingly going global, and Chinese universities are no exception. Through unique dual degree programs and Sino-Foreign joint ventures, there are new opportunities for students to get an international education in China!
One such university is the Guangdong Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT), the only Sino-foreign joint university focusing on science and technology. Founded in 2016 in Shantou, Guangdong Province, this is one of the newest and most exciting universities for science and technology students!
Let’s get to know GTIIT and its opportunities for science and technology students.
Guangdong Technion – Israel Institute of Technology: Fast Facts
- Location: Shantou, Guangdong Province, China
- Student Body: 3000 students
- Degree Level: Bachelor/Masters
- Language: English
- Partners: Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (Haifa, Israel), Shantou University (Guangdong, China)
Students will earn a GTIIT graduation certificate, degree certificate and Technion-Israel Institute of Technology degree certificate.
In the future, GTIIT will grow to a student body of 5000 students with PhD programs offered.
Renowned and Accomplished Faculty
GTIIT is staffed with incredible and experienced professors to give students the best education experience. The Chancellor of GTIIT is Prof. Gong Xingao, Academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Principal scientist of the Major Scientific Research Programs of the Ministry of Science and Technology, and Fellow of the American Physical Society. The Vice-Chancellor is Prof. David Gershoni, distinguished scientist in nano-physics, former head of the Exact Sciences and Technology Field of Israel Science Foundation.
Other distinguished faculty include:
- Moshe Eizenberg, Head of Materials Science and Engineering Program and former Technion Executive Vice President for Research
- Michael Shapiro, Head of Mechanical Engineering (Robotics) Program, winner of the International Smoluchowski award in Aerosol Research from the European Aerosol Association and Harry Oppenheimer Cathedra in Engineering in the Technion
- Dganit Danino, Head of Biotechnology and Food Engineering Program, former President of the Israel Society for Microscopy (ISM), 20+ years of experience developing and educating cryoEM methodologies
- Aleksandra Baron-Wiechec, 2-time recipient of the European Fellowship Programme: Marie Skodowska – Curie Actions in 2008 and 2020, member of the EU Alumni initiative of the European Delegation in Beijing
GTIIT is divided into two campuses, North and South.
In GTIIT dorms, students from diverse backgrounds live together. Students live in suites that each have 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, and a bathroom. Other amenities include 24-hour cold and hot water, campus internet, air-conditioners, fan, washing machine, dryer, and microwave in each suite.
Banking services, full- equipped gymnasiums, and public bathrooms are on the ground floor of the dormitories.
GTIIT enriches student life with 20+ student organizations on topics from street dancing to entrepreneurship. GTIIT also facilitates visits to well-known enterprises in relevant industries, volunteering events, and opportunities to explore the beautiful beaches and islands of Shantou.
Take a 360-tour of the GTIIT campus here!
Guangdong Technion – Israel Institute of Technology Fee Structure and Tuition
Application Deadline: June 1, 2022. Late applications not accepted
Here are all the relevant fees for GTIIT applicants and students:
- Application Fee: 100 USD
- Bachelor’s Tuition: $15,000 USD/year
- Master’s Tuition: Full Scholarship (Students receive a stipend of 42,000-54,000 RMB/year)
- Scholarship information: Click Here
- Insurance: 1,000 RMB/year
- Accommodation Cost Total: 200 USD/year
- Breakdown of accommodation prices:
- Accommodation fee: 600 RMB/year
- Hot water: 30RMB/ton
- Cold water: 3.37RMB/ton
- Electricity: 0.737RMB/kWh
- Internet: free
- Breakdown of accommodation prices:
- Living Cost:* 3,000 USD/year
- Living costs change based on your personal lifestyle. This is only an estimate provided by Guangdong Technion.
Approximate Total Cost of 1 year: (without scholarship) Bachelor’s 18,460 USD/year
GTIIT is interested in attracting the best and brightest. Admissions officers will carefully consider your academic transcripts (especially math/science grades), ambitions and goals, and extra-curricular activities. We recommend showing your passion and drive in your application materials!
To see the required documents and eligibility criteria, click the “Search Program” button below and then click a program to see full details!
Begin an application with China Admissions today and our experienced admissions counselors will help guide you through the process of collecting documents and applying.
You must apply at least 10 days before the deadline.
- When can international students go to China? (Updated) - January 8, 2023
- Career Opportunities After Graduating from United International College - December 28, 2022
- 10 Popular Chinese Idioms You Must Know! - December 21, 2022