Master’s in Physics
Introduction to the Program
The Masters Degree in Physics at the school of Physics and Nuclear Energy Engineering at Beihang University is a two or three year program for international students taught in English. Students can start the program in September or February each year.
About Beihang University
Beihang University is located on Xueyuan Lu in Haidian District of Beijing. It is located close to Wudaokou (the student district) of Beijing. It is a comprehensive University with expertise in Engineering and offers many programs to international students, and is one of the leading Universities in China.
For more information visit the Beihang University page here.
Applicants who are less than 40 years old are eligible, have a bachelor of Science or equivalent bachelors degree, and have sufficient English level are welcome to apply. Applicants are required to submit the certificates of 90 or higher in TOEFL, 5.5 or higher in IELTS.
Students can start the program in September or February each year. The application deadline for the September intake is 30th May. The deadline for the February intake is 30th December.
The tuition fee for the degree program is:
Total tuition is 35,000 RMB per year for 2 or 3 years. Insurance is 600 RMB per year.
The following courses are offered by all international postgraduate programs:
– Introduction to China
– Theory of Matrix
– Finite Element method in Engineering
– Introduction to Space flight
– Introduction to Space law
– Scientific literature retrieval
– Scientific thesis writing
– Fractals and Wavelets
– Probability and Statistics
– C Language
– Computer networking and applications
– Space environment, orbit and satellite systems
– Aerospace materials and processes
– Introduction to modern manufacturing technology
Personal Development Workshops in general skills, such as writing, presentations, thesis and planning.
The following courses are offered specifically to the Physics masters program.
– Advanced Quantum Mechanics
– Advanced Statistical Physics
– Group Theory and Applications
– Digital Signal Procession
– Analytical Principle and Technology for Modern Physics
– Advanced Solid State Physics
– Quantum Field Theory
– Condensed Matter Theory (MS)
– Nuclear Theory
– Computational Physics
– The measurement of electromagnetism
– Fundamentals of modern optics
– Microstructure of Solids and diffraction physics
– Physics of Surface and Film (MS)
– Integrated Optics
– Nano Physics
– Nuclear Technology and Application
There are single dormitories available on campus for 1,300 RMB and shared dormitories for 650 RMB per month.
After students have been accepted onto the program they will receive an official acceptance letter and visa application form. Students should apply for an X (study) visa from the Chinese embassy in their country. Students should also complete a health certificate. If you have any questions contact us.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. All applications are processed at the same time and students will receive their result in the month of July (for September start), and December (for February start). After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.