International MBBS Program
Introduction to the Program
The International MBBS Program at Tongji University is a six-year undergraduate degree program taught in English.
About Tongji University
Tongji University is one of the leading universities in China underdirect administration of Ministry of Education, listed on “Project 985” and “Project 211”. With a history of over a century, Tongji has valued the balanced development of four functions, i.e. education, research, outreach, and culture inheritance and innovation. For more info visit the Tongji University page here.
About the Program
The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgeons (MBBS) Program, initiated in 2011 at the TUSM, is a six-year undergraduate program which was taught in English and authorized by China Ministry of Education. You will study with dedicated faulty members, undertake research and clinical rotations with national top research teams and affiliated hospitals, and receive a globally recognized medical degree as Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. You will also enjoy a dynamic campus life and meet students from all over the world. Our ultimate goal is to train doctors who are competent in the delivery of effective and ethical medical care in today’s rapidly changing health-care environment.
Start Date of the Program
– Non-Chinese Citizen
– Above 18 years old (completing one’s 18th birthday);
– Good physical condition without any infectious or severe diseases that may hinder the learning.
– Senior high school graduate or above holding a senior high school diploma and achieving a good performance at school without any bad habits, any punishment and criminal records; Preferably with a strong educational background in science and engineering;
– Suffiecient English proficiency (equivalent to IELTS 6.0 .or. TOEFL 80).
– Stable financial basis which can maintain the normal cost of study and living in China.
The tuition fees are RMB45000 per year. The total for the 6 year program is RMB 270,000.
The International Students Service Centers is located on three campuses of Tongji University independently. They are all facilitated with telephone sets, toilets, showers, air-conditioning, public kitchens, classrooms, and business services such as duplication, fax and e-mail sending, typing and air-ticket and train ticket booking are offered. For further information on the accommodation visit the accommodation page here.