MSc Finance and Investment
Introduction to the Program
The Master’s in Finance and Investment at The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) is a one or two year postgraduate degree program taught in English.
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. Established in 2004, with the full approval of the Chinese Ministry of Education, we are run by The University of Nottingham with cooperation from Zhejiang Wanli Education Group, a key player in the education sector in China.
The University of Nottingham is in the top one percent of more than 7,500 higher education institutions worldwide and league tables consistently rank the University highly. For more info visit the page here.
About the Program
The degree provides a full-time course for those seeking positions in Finance and Investment. The programme is based around the three main classes of capital investment activity – equity markets, fixed interest markets, and derivative markets.
Participants in the MSc Finance and Investment programme can also use the dissertation component to concentrate in-depth on a Finance and Investment topic according to individual interests and career requirements.
The MSc Finance and Investment degree is intended to enable students to:
- develop knowledge and skills in fundamental management disciplines, while also including specialist modules in specific areas of Finance
- examine and assess different aspects of the financial environment and provide insights into the operation of Finance and financial services
- be capable of a critical evaluation of the core business / finance disciplines
- have a structured programme that allows students to focus upon advanced developments in Finance and Investment to meet their specific interests and career aspirations
- have opportunities in a variety of careers such as accountancy, auditing, business development, financial advice, investment management, marketing, mergers and acquisitions, procurement, research, risk assurance, tax consultancy and trading
- enhance lifelong learning skills and personal development to contribute to society at large.
Applicants for this MSc must have a first degree in business/economics, containing substantial components of finance. Students with an outstanding first degree in a quantitative subjects will be considered.
This degree offers opportunities in a variety of careers in Accountancy,Auditing, Business Development, Financial Advice, InvestmentManagement, Marketing, Mergers and Acquisitions, Procurement, Research,Risk Assurance, Tax Consultancy and Trading.
Students must complete 180 credits in total.
We consider applicants on the basis of academic merits. Although the entry requirements for our masters degrees vary depending on the course, as a general rule, you are expected to hold an honours degree at 2:1 level or above (or international equivalent) in an appropriate subject. Evidence of relevant personal, professional and educational experience may also be taken into consideration.
Minimum English Requirement
In addition to academic requirements, students whose first language is not English or entry qualification was not obtained in the English medium are required to provide evidence of their proficiency in English.
- IELTS 6.5 with the writing band no less than 6.0 or
- PTE Academic 62 (minimum 55)
*The minimum English Language requirement for MA Interpreting and Translation Mandarin and English, MA Applied Linguistics, MA Applied Linguistics and English Language Teaching and MSc Communication and International Entrepreneurship, is:
- IELTS 7.0 with no less than 6.0 in any element or
- PTE Academic 67 (minimum 55)
*The minimum English Language requirement for MSc Engineering Surveying and Geodesy is:
- IELTS 6.0 with no less than 5.0 in any element or
- PTE Academic 55 (minimum 51)
Start Date of the program
The tuition fees for the 1 year masters program is RMB90000. The tuition fees for the 2 year masters program is RMB80000 per year. The total for the 2 year program is 160000 RMB.
The University has several buildings designated for international students, building 11, 18 and 20. All rooms are fully furnished and equipped with air conditioning and a telephone and computer point; enabling students to make and receive telephone calls and access the University’s data network from their bedrooms. For further information on the accommodation visit the accommodation page here.