Bachelor’s in Chinese Linguistics & Literature
Introduction to the Program
The Bachelor’s in Chinese Linguistics & Literature at Jiangsu University (JSU) is a four year program for international students taught in English.
Jiangsu University (JSU) is ranked among the top 100 universities out of over 2,000 higher educational institutions in China. JSU is one of the oldest educational institutions in China, and its origin can be traced back to 1902 when it was first established as Sanjiang Normal College. For more info visit the page here.
About the Program
The program focuses on developing advanced proficiency in Chinese with the goal of carrying out linguistic or literary studies. While achieving proficiency in Chinese, undergraduate majors are exposed to the major works of Chinese literature ranging from classical texts of the earliest periods to recent works of modern fiction, as well as to the linguistic approach to analyzing and understanding the features of the Chinese language.
- High School Degree
- English Requirement: IELTS: 6; TOEFL: 70 or other equivalent
- Score Requirement: Above 70% or B or equivalent
- A passport photo;
- Copy of passport (the photo page)
- Copy of your final degree transcript (Notarized English translation if applicable )
- Copy of your final degree certificate (Notarized English translation if applicable )
- English language proficiency certificate (non-English speaking countries)
- HSK-4 certificate (for Chinese-medium programs)
- Family financial statement
- Bank statement
- Research proposal (Master and Ph.D. only)
- 2 recommendation letters (Master and Ph.D. only)
- Your CV
Spring: Jan. 20
Autumn: Aug. 10
Start Date of the Program
September and February
The tuition fees are RMB16000 per year. The total for the 4 year program is 64,000 RMB.
For information on the accommodation at Jiansu University visit the accommodation page here.