China Admissions is pleased to announce the Launch of New Semester Program in Film Production in English at Beijing Film Academy in English. Scholarships are available for British Students through BAFTA.
Are you looking to study Film Production Program? Are you interested in studying in the top film school in Asia in the heart of the world’s largest film market? Study at BFA in Beijing and be surrounded by China’s future film industry leaders and future stars.
About the Program
The Film Production course is divided into 4 segments – Techniques, Production, Technology, Historical and theoretical classes. A majority, approximately 50% of the courses will be taught in the production aspect. This helps you to get a hands-on approach to filmmaking.
We believe that you must first examine all the parts of the world of filmmaking before navigating it.
British students have the option to get a scholarship through BAFTA.
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship up to £10,000 towards annual tuition fees and up to £10,000 towards annual living expenses while studying overseas.
Program Start Date
The program will commence in September or February each year.
- The applicant must possess a non-Chinese passport for the past 4 years.
- The applicant must have lived in a country other than China for at least years at a stretch.
- Students applying for this program must fall in the age group of 18 to 30 years.
- The applicant must meet the health requirements laid by the Chinese Minister of Education
Last Date to File Application
The last day to file your applications is July 15th.
The subjects taught under this program are:
- Technique Basics of Cinematography
- Digital Image-Processing
- Visual Expression and Thinking
- Camera Operating
- Editing Basics
- Commercial & Music Video Production
- Film Lighting Basics
- Digital Post-Production
- Documentary Film Production
- Sound Recording Basics
- Basic Screenwriting
- Directing (Directing Major Only)
- Stage Performing (Directing Major Only)
- Advanced Screenwriting (Directing Major Only)
- Advanced Cinematography (Cinematography Major Only)
- Intermediate Cinematography (Cinematography Major Only)
- Advanced CGI Training (Post-production Major Only)
- Chinese Culture and History
- Chinese Language for International Students
- Art History
- Academic Writing
- Film History
- Film Analyzing
The tuition fee is 60,000 RMB for the 1 semester program.
The Beijing Film Academy is located in Beijing, in the north of China. The academy has just one campus which welcomes both degree and non-degree students. Students from different countries across the globe live on campus and the cost of accommodation is approximately 75 to 110 RMB per person a day. To know more, visit the Accommodation Page
Foreign students who wish to study in China can fill in the application form and Pay the Fee Here .
British students can apply for the scholarship with BAFTA on the online application form here: Application.
It may take about 4 to 6 weeks before a decision is taken and it must be remembered that students are accepted on rolling basis. After your application has been accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter visa application form.
Contact US if you have further questions.