You can now study PhD programs under fully-funded scholarships at Zhengzhou University. This was the announcement made by Zhaochun Yin, the director of International Admissions Office at Zhengzhou University.
Zhengzhou University the largest university in China. Each year, Zhengzhou University provides millions of US dollars to sponsor hundreds of PhD applicants with full scholarships.
Although, many universities around the world have cut their scholarship budget due to the COVID-19, Zhengzhou University has tried its best to maintain the financial support to all excellent international applicants. Zhengzhou University is one of the few universities in China that offers many scholarship seats.
President Scholarship For PhD Candidates
All PhD candidates will be sponsored by the President Scholarship of Zhengzhou University (all seats for the Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) are left to sponsor master candidates).
Coverage for the fully-funded President Scholarship include: tuition fee, accommodation, medical insurance, living allowance etc. The university welcomes all excellent applicants with good academic standing to apply for PhD programs with this scholarship. Check PhD programs at Zhengzhou University.
Scholarship Application Deadline
For March intake, the application deadline is on February 28, 2021. For September intake, the application deadline is on June 10, 2021.
Due to challenges brought about COVID-19, the university has the right to postpone the scholarship application for March intake. But if this happens, those who applied for March intake will be reconsidered and given priority for September intake.
Applicant Selection Procedure
The selection procedure consists of the following stages:
- Supervisor assessment
- Selection within the school
- Accepted by university
- Approved by government
If an applicant fails in any of the stage, the selection procedure will be ceased, and applicant has no chance to be admitted anymore. Applicants will be informed of the assessment result as soon as possible.
Dramatic drone pictures capture China’s largest university. Zhengzhou University has about 72,600 enrolled students in Zhengzhou, Central China’s Henan Province.
1. Passport (should be valid at less one more year)
2. Latest resident permit/visa (for applicant with previous study/work/stay in China)
3. Full CV
4. Working certificates of all posts
5. The degree certificates of all tertiary studies (bachelor and Master); for current student, the certificate of current study, and the master degree certificate should be obtain before registration in March, otherwise the offer will be not valid
6. Transcripts of all tertiary studies (bachelor and Master)
7. The statement of research interest and research proposal
In general, a statement of research interest should include reasons for undertaking the study at ZZU and future career prospect. A research proposal on the other hand, should include the background, the objectives and the methodology or approach you propose to take in studying the subject matter.
The minimum word limit for the proposal is 2000. Proper referencing is needed in the preparation of research proposals. Applicants are strongly suggested to contact their potential supervisor to discuss the research proposal before submission. The result of the plagiarism check will be taken into consideration when the Department, Faculty and Graduate School review the application. The application may be deemed unsuccessful if plagiarized materials are identified.
8. Two academic referee letters
Applicants should invite two academics who are familiar with your academic achievements to write recommendation letters. They should be signed recently with contact email and phone number.
9. Official score report of HSK, TOEFL, IELTS or other language proficiency tests. HSK 5 for CMI and IELTS 6.5 for EMI PhD program.
10. Physical Examination Record with issuing date valid for 6 months
11. No Criminal Record Certificate (should be issued by police station only). Must be valid for 6 months.
12. The list of publications and the soft copy of master thesis and best publications.
13. Application form of Zhengzhou University President Scholarship.
14. Other documents, documentary evidence of academic awards and professional qualifications, and summary of relevant experience.
15. Certified translation version should be attached, if the document is not in Chinese or English.
PhD Application Service
Our PhD application service is designed for you if you want to apply for a PhD in China and would like extra service and assistance to increase your chances of being accepted. You can read more and see some programs here. Our PhD service includes the following:
– List of potential supervisors
– Professional Inquires
– Express delivery admission documents
Book a free consultation here or apply for PhD programs in China.
- Introducing the Master of Global Management Program at Tongji-SEM - April 2, 2021
- Is It Worth Studying MBBS In China? - April 1, 2021
- Application Deadline Reminder for SJTU Global Elite of Business Administration (EBA) Program - March 31, 2021