Master’s in Logistics Engineering
Introduction to the Program
The Master’s in Logistics Engineering at Beijing Jiaotong University is a two-year program taught in English for international students.
About Beijing Jiaotong University
As one of the first group of universities accepted into the “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”, Beijing Jiaotong University contributes to joint talents training program of industry and institute with rail traffic and local economic development of Beijing by taking advantage of good cooperation with industry based on experimental majors of “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”. To increase the practical ability of students, BJTU has cooperation with Nanjing Railway Vocational College, Shanxi Railway Engineering Vocational College, Zhengzhou Railway Vocational College, Guangzhou Railway Vocational College, Guiyang Vocational Technology College and Jilin Railway Vocational College etc. To provide practical opportunity and platform for students to grow into top international engineers who are good at both theory and practice.
The master program in logistics engineering of Beijing Jiaotong University (BJTU) was initiated in 2004. In the past decade, it has developed a mature talent training mode and had a good reputation and strong competitiveness in China. The discipline of logistics management and engineering of BJTU ranks first in China. The graduates of the master program of Logistics Engineering are qualified to undertake logistic management and technical work in sectors like railway, aviation, shipping, port, storage and so on. This is a 2 years’ M.E. program.
- You will enjoy the advantage of the STRONG DISCIPLINE – In 2015, BJTU’s logistics management and engineering is evaluated as China’s No. 1 in this academic field by Research Center for China Science Evaluation and Network of Science and Education Evaluation in China
- You will be supported by the STRONG FACULTY TEAM – the faculty members of logistics engineering include an academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering. Two of them graduated from foreign universities. The rest have about 1-year oversea education or visiting experience. In addition, BJTU invites well-known specialists from railway, energy and logistics enterprises as co-supervisor. The supervisor from BJTU and co-supervisor from the enterprise are DOUBLE SUPERVISORS for you.
- We provide PLATFORMS AND RESOURCES – Your study, scientific research, and practice will be accepted by a number of teaching platforms such as the Development & Research Base of Beijing, Logistics Management and Technical Key Laboratory of Beijing, Research Base for Logistics Informatization of Beijing and Education Center for Master of Engineering
- You will keep track of INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT – BJTU makes academic research and project implementation achievements in basic logistics theory, regional logistics planning, energy logistics, agricultural products logistics, cold-chain logistics, pharmaceutical logistics, port logistics etc, which will give strong backing to your education
- You can get INTERNATIONAL RECOGNIZATION – BJTU is the partner of the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport International, UK (CILT, UK). The students of the master program of logistics engineering can get a Diploma for Operation Managers in Logistics (DOML) conferred by CILT, UK by submitting qualified a case review
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, 2 recommendations by associate professors or above, to be approved of by the target university. At least
2 years of working experience is required for MBA program applicants. Language requirements for English-taught programs: TOEFL 68(IBT) or IELTS 5.5 or pass English test of BJTU.
- Photocopy (scanned copy or facsimiled copy) of passport details.
- Your recent photo with white background and minimum size 640 × 480 pixels, or eight pieces of printed copies with size 30 by 40mm when sent by post.
- Notarized diploma and transcripts in English or Chinese (originals should be produced at registration).
- HSK Level 4 Certificate (degree programs taught in Chinese) or English Proficiency Certificate (degree programs taught in English).
- Applicants for Master’s or doctoral programs should provide two recommendation letters by associate professors or above and a study plan at a minimum of 800 words with a detailed description of the contents or field information during the study in China.
- Financial Prove (this requirement is for fee-paying students, full government scholarship applicants are exempt from this requirement), students should provide financial proof that shows sufficient fund available to study at BJTU for the entire study period. Bank statement under the student’s name is preferred. If parents or other person is financing student’s study in China, then the bank statement of this financial sponsor and a letter from the sponsor stating he/she will sponsor the student’s all cost when a study at BJTU should be provided.
- Physical Examination Result (Please download the physical examination form on study.bjtu.edu.cn, complete the form by a certified health provider and upload the form together with the necessary test result)
- Personal Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
This is a 2 years’ M.E. program. The first academic year is for course study and the second one for internship, practice, research, and writing of reports under the direction of the supervisors. Students should acquire at least 40 credits.
- General Course (7 credits) – Chinese Culture, Basic Chinese, Information Retrieval
- Basic Course (11 credits) – Logistic and Supply Chain Management, Senior Operational Research (1), Senior Operational Research (2), Production and Operation management, Advanced Management
- Major Core Course (10 credits) – Procurement and Supply Management, Logistic System Analysis and Design, Logistic (Supply Chain) Modeling and Simulation Experiment, Logistic Facilities Planning and Design, International Logistics Operation
- Major Optional Course (≥6 Credits) – Logistic Cost Control, Warehouse Management and Stock Control, Transportation and Distribution Management, Logistic Information System Planning and Modeling, Quantitative Models and Methods of Logistic Management
- Practice Segment (6 Credits) – Professional Internship, Practice of Logistic Operation Management, Research Method and Research Report Writing
- Compulsory Segment – Seminars
January 15 for the spring semester, July 15 for the fall semester.
Start Date of the program
March 1 for the spring semester, September 1 for the fall semester.
The tuition fees are 35,000 RMB per year. The total fee for the two-year program is 70,000 RMB.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be processed and before an admissions decision is given. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.