Master’s in Electronic and Communication Engineering
Introduction to the Program
The Master’s in Electronic and Communication Engineering at Beijing Jiaotong University is a two-year program taught in English for international students.
About Beijing Jiaotong University
As one of the first group of universities accepted into the “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”, Beijing Jiaotong University contributes to joint talents training program of industry and institute with rail traffic and local economic development of Beijing by taking advantage of good cooperation with industry based on experimental majors of “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”. To increase the practical ability of students, BJTU has cooperation with Nanjing Railway Vocational College, Shanxi Railway Engineering Vocational College, Zhengzhou Railway Vocational College, Guangzhou Railway Vocational College, Guiyang Vocational Technology College and Jilin Railway Vocational College etc. To provide practical opportunity and platform for students to grow into top international engineers who are good at both theory and practice.
The Master degrees program of Engineering for the Electronic and Communication Engineering in the Electronic and Information Engineering School in Beijing Jiaotong University focuses on taking advantages of the information and communication technologies, specifically the information theory, communication theory, transmission and switching theory, and information processing theory, to study the engineering and technology problems in signal detection, information acquisition, information exchange, information processing and application, design and manufacturing of communication and network systems.This professional field set in electronic information and communications applications. The aim is to train the urgent-needed senior engineering talents in the telecommunications industry. The field of Electronic and Communication Engineering in Beijing Jiaotong University has the high level of teachers and a series of high-level research platform.The main directions of scientific research and personnel training are as follows:All-optical networks and new type optical fiber, optical fiber sensing technology and its application in the Internet of things, key technology of information network, wireless communication and mobile communication, broadband mobile communication and key technology, network attack and network security, the new theory and technology of electromagnetic wave in wireless communication.
- Duration – The program award professional master degree with two academic years
- English Medium – The instruction of the courses, the writing, and assessment of the project report and thesis are all in English
- Strong Faculty Team – The faculty team of the program is mainly composed of professors and associate professors, all of whom have a doctoral degree, most of them have the overseas education or working experience
- Platforms And Resources – Your study, scientific research, and practice will be accepted by a number of the state-of-the-art labs, International students will have the opportunities to take part in their tutor’s scientific research team and projects.Many graduates of the program are employed by large state-owned enterprises like China Railway Corporation, China Railway Group, China Mobile, China Post, and HUAWEI, etc. The Program has the high-quality alumni resources
- Employment Fields – Kinds of related international and domestic enterprises in the fields of communication and information, etc
- Study Group – International students will get the assistance from outstanding Chinese postgraduate classmates for an easier adjustment to the new environment and better understanding of the new knowledge
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, 2 recommendations by associate professors or above, to be approved of by the target university. At least
2 years of working experience is required for MBA program applicants. Language requirements for English-taught programs: TOEFL 68(IBT) or IELTS 5.5 or pass English test of BJTU.
- Photocopy (scanned copy or facsimiled copy) of passport details.
- Your recent photo with white background and minimum size 640 × 480 pixels, or eight pieces of printed copies with size 30 by 40mm when sent by post.
- Notarized diploma and transcripts in English or Chinese (originals should be produced at registration).
- HSK Level 4 Certificate (degree programs taught in Chinese) or English Proficiency Certificate (degree programs taught in English).
- Applicants for Master’s or doctoral programs should provide two recommendation letters by associate professors or above and a study plan at a minimum of 800 words with a detailed description of the contents or field information during the study in China.
- Financial Prove (this requirement is for fee-paying students, full government scholarship applicants are exempt from this requirement), students should provide financial proof that shows sufficient fund available to study at BJTU for the entire study period. Bank statement under the student’s name is preferred. If parents or other person is financing student’s study in China, then the bank statement of this financial sponsor and a letter from the sponsor stating he/she will sponsor the student’s all cost when a study at BJTU should be provided.
- Physical Examination Result (Please download the physical examination form on study.bjtu.edu.cn, complete the form by a certified health provider and upload the form together with the necessary test result)
- Personal Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
The master program requires the students achieve at least 32 credits, including 7 credits for general courses, 2 credits for the basic course, no less than 8 credits for specialized course 7 credits for practice and 2 credits for a thesis-related requirement.
- General Course (7 credits) – Chinese Culture, Basic Chinese, Information Retrieval
- Basic courses (2 credits) – Random Process I, Numerical Analysis I
- Specialized courses (no less than 8 credits) – Basis of Communication Network Theory, Computer Network System and Protocol, Digital Communication Theory, Electromagnetic Field Theory, Theory of Optical Waveguide, Theory and Technology of Optoelectronic Components, Principle and Application of Radio Wave Propagation, Optical Access Network, Electromagnetic Compatibility Measurement Technology, New Wireless Communication Technology, Mobile Ad Hoc Network, Advanced Route Principle and Technology, Massive Dataset:Processing and Storage, Modern Algebra and Coding Technology
- Elective course – Interdisciplinary Curriculum
- Practice (7 credits) – Engineering Practice Training
- Thesis (2 credits) – Lectures on Frontier Academics, Literature Survey and Thesis Proposal
January 15 for the spring semester, July 15 for the fall semester.
Start Date of the program
March 1 for the spring semester, September 1 for the fall semester.
The tuition fees are 35,000 RMB per year. The total fee for the two-year program is 70,000 RMB.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be processed and before an admissions decision is given. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.