Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering and its Automation(Renewable Energy)
Introduction to the Program
The Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering and its Automation(Renewable Energy) at Beijing Jiaotong University is a four-year program taught in English for international students.
About Beijing Jiaotong University
As one of the first group of universities accepted into the “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”, Beijing Jiaotong University contributes to joint talents training program of industry and institute with rail traffic and local economic development of Beijing by taking advantage of good cooperation with industry based on experimental majors of “Outstanding Engineers Training Plan”. To increase the practical ability of students, BJTU has cooperation with Nanjing Railway Vocational College, Shanxi Railway Engineering Vocational College, Zhengzhou Railway Vocational College, Guangzhou Railway Vocational College, Guiyang Vocational Technology College and Jilin Railway Vocational College etc. To provide practical opportunity and platform for students to grow into top international engineers who are good at both theory and practice.
Hanergy School of Renewable Energy was founded in 2015 and approved by State Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs and Ministry of Education. It is the only demonstration school of renewable energy within “Plan of Promoting Internationalization Demonstration School in Higher Institution”. It is named after Hanergy Holding Group, which was founded by alumni of BJTU, supported by School of Electrical Engineering of BJTU and National energy active distribution network technology research and development center. Electrical Engineering and its Automation (Renewable Energy International Class), founded by Hanergy School of Renewable Energy, with the development of renewable industry in mind. It targets top talents in renewable energy area under first class standard by highlighting characteristic and advantage of power electronics, power system automation, new energy power generation. Students will study natural science courses including mathematics and physics, general fundamental courses including computer and English, major fundamental courses including an electric circuit, electromagnetic field, electrical machine, electronic technique, control theory and power system analysis, major courses including wind and solar power, renewable energy grid technology. Students will attend perceptual practice, professional practice, enterprise practice and overseas study. Increase the self-studying ability of students by taking advantage of manufacture, study, research cooperation and introducing system of that foster students’ interest. Building environment of English-teaching and fusion of Chinese culture and western culture, emphasizing a balance between creative ability and engineering attainment, graduates are able to take part in international affairs and competition with international vision and grasping the international rules.
Applicants should be a non-Chinese citizen in good health over 18, well-behaved and capable of living independently. Diploma equivalent to a Chinese secondary school certificate is required. Language requirements for English-taught programs: TOEFL 68(IBT) or IELTS 5.5 or pass English test of BJTU.
- Photocopy (scanned copy or facsimiled copy) of passport details.
- Your recent photo with white background and minimum size 640 × 480 pixels, or eight pieces of printed copies with size 30 by 40mm when sent by post.
- Notarized diploma and transcripts in English or Chinese (originals should be produced at registration).
- HSK Level 4 Certificate (degree programs taught in Chinese) or English Proficiency Certificate (degree programs taught in English).
- Financial Prove (this requirement is for fee-paying students, full government scholarship applicants are exempt from this requirement), students should provide financial proof that shows sufficient fund available to study at BJTU for the entire study period. Bank statement under the student’s name is preferred. If parents or other person is financing student’s study in China, then the bank statement of this financial sponsor and a letter from the sponsor stating he/she will sponsor the student’s all cost when a study at BJTU should be provided.
- Physical Examination Result (Please download the physical examination form on study.bjtu.edu.cn, complete the form by a certified health provider and upload the form together with the necessary test result)
- Personal Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
Major Fundamental Courses: Engineering Training (C), Electronic Process Internship, Engineering Graphics Circuit, Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Engineering Electromagnetics Field, Automatic Control Theory, Microcomputer Principle and Interface Technology, Electric Machinery, Power System Analysis, Power Electronics etc.
Major Courses: Course Project of Electronic Technique,Course project of Microcomputer Principles and Interface Technology, Course Project of Power Electronics Course Design, Course Project of Power System, Professional Comprehensive design, Introduction to renewable energy, Modern control theory (B), Renewable Energy in Electricity Market, Power System Stability and Control, Renewable energy power generation and grid technology etc.
January 15 for the spring semester, July 15 for the fall semester.
Start Date of the program
March 1 for the spring semester, September 1 for the fall semester.
The tuition fees are 33800 RMB per year. The total fee for the four-year program is 135,200 RMB.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be processed and before an admissions decision is given. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.