Chinese Language Studies
XJTLU offers non-degree Chinese language courses for beginner, elementary, intermediate, and advanced learners.
Xi’an Jiaotong – Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a new international university jointly founded by Xi’an Jiaotong University China and the University of Liverpool UK as a joint venture. As an independent Sino-Foreign cooperative university, it captures the essence of both prestigious parent universities and is the first and only one of its kind approved by the Ministry of Education in China. The University offers undergraduate degree programmes in the fields of science, engineering and management, and awards both its own Chinese degree and a degree from the University of Liverpool.
- Small class teaching. Small class sizes allow for more active participation and attention to individual student needs.
- Highly-qualified teaching staff. Our award-winning Chinese language tutors are fully certified to teach Mandarin Chinese and have substantial experience teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language both in China and internationally.
- Tailored to your level. As part of our unique model of instruction, there are 6 study levels, 2 levels at Beginners, 2 levels at Intermediate and 2 levels at Advanced. Students will be enrolled into the appropriate levels according to the results of a placement test on arrival.
- Dedicated Chinese language partner. Each student is paired with a local Chinese student, trained to provide extra support with your Chinese language learning. This gives international students an introduction to genuine communication with local people and will help when they talk with other native speakers.
- Cultural learning and field trips. Students can take part in field trips locally in Suzhou. An optional longer trip to north China is available and students have the possibility of studying at our satellite campus in the ancient city of Xi’an.
15 July for an autumn course, 15th January for the spring course.
Semester 1: September – January and/or Semester 2: February – June
Class hours are Monday to Friday with 12 hours of lessons per week plus several Chinese cultural sessions and HSK workshops.
RMB 8500 (Approx. USD 1380) per semester (inc. textbooks but exc. optional field trip).
The accommodation facilities are located within the Dushu Lake Science and Education Innovation District, where the University is situated. All accommodation within this area is private and managed by the Suzhou Industrial Park Education Development & Investment Limited Company (SIPEDI), and also provides to students studying at other institutions.
For further information on the accommodation visit the accommodation page here.
To apply complete the application form and pay the application fee here. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your application to be processed and before an admissions decision is given. After you have been accepted you will receive your official acceptance letter visa application form. If you have any questions contact us.